Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 44,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

All VS980 Roms unusable

Tip us?

Finalchrono
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default All VS980 Roms unusable

I've tried all of the roms with varying configurations. I've tried all of the kernels out as well. However, they all have the same issue: "No apn specified." and the constant roaming glitch where I randomly have no data and all of my applications reset, even while I'm using them. This makes every single ROM unusable. This is even worse for me because I live in a deadzone area, so I can't even use my phone at home because apps are constantly reloading and I never have data.

Does anyone know how to fix this or a workaround or something? It's very disappointing to say the least as I came from a samsung device and now my options are virtually nil.

comk4ver
Old
(Last edited by comk4ver; 26th March 2014 at 04:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Okay first thing first, you have a Verizon sim card right?
Use adb to Flash back to bone stock and stock kernel ensure that you wipe data and cache (backup anything you don't want to lose), don't insert your sim card, download your preferred rom. Travel to an area that you get service from Verizon. Insert your sim and activate your phone ensure you get service and have 4G. Then once you have confirmed that everything is okay. Flash your preferred rom once again confirm that everything is fine. Then go home and enjoy your cellular dead zone.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 1,575
Flash a ROM that is not cm based. (Cyanogen butchered something for verizon)

OR

Install a third party SMS app like hangouts or textra and configure the APN settings yourself. (With hangouts I've never had to, it just works)

AND

Turn on data while roaming to achieve 3g (its nothing but cosmetic, you will NOT be charged extra)

Sent from my VS980 4G