Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,198 Members 44,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint LG G2 Tether/usb Not WIFI

Tip us?

Baddog1258
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wink Sprint LG G2 Tether/usb Not WIFI

Hi all just got a Sprint LG G2 and was bummed. Had Clockworkmod tether on my old HTC Design. It was not listed at play store. When to Clocks site and saw the LG LS980 listed. Used in 02/2014....thought hmmm, whats the worst that could happen? Delete it if it doesn't work ? Glad to say it worked fine and it does have Kitkat. Understand this is not a WIFI tether(as I'm sure you all know) but they will once again get my money. Hope this helps someone out

fryguy
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Not sure how CW works, but for another option Easy Tether works for USB and also bluetooth for tablet. My understanding is neither need root.
The Following User Says Thank You to fryguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cremator75
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
Not sure how CW works, but for another option Easy Tether works for USB and also bluetooth for tablet. My understanding is neither need root.
I could not get any of the tether apps to work with any type of connection.

Stock unrooted.

fryguy
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremator75 View Post
I could not get any of the tether apps to work with any type of connection.

Stock unrooted.
Easy tether has worked for me and my friends on many different phones and many not rooted. Just curious, did you follow the setup guide and also install the pc or tablet app to go along with it? Have to make sure the pc or tablet app is running along with the phone app.

cremator75
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
Easy tether has worked for me and my friends on many different phones and many not rooted. Just curious, did you follow the setup guide and also install the pc or tablet app to go along with it? Have to make sure the pc or tablet app is running along with the phone app.
Easy tether used to work but quit after the last ota. I tried it just like I used to use it.

fryguy
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremator75 View Post
Easy tether used to work but quit after the last ota. I tried it just like I used to use it.
Hmm. Will have to check it out. Not near a computer i can check. Thanks for the heads up then.