Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Sprint LG G2 Tether/usb Not WIFI

20th February 2014, 12:24 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hi all just got a Sprint LG G2 and was bummed. Had Clockworkmod tether on my old HTC Design. It was not listed at play store. When to Clocks site and saw the LG LS980 listed. Used in 02/2014....thought hmmm, whats the worst that could happen? Delete it if it doesn't work ? Glad to say it worked fine and it does have Kitkat. Understand this is not a WIFI tether(as I'm sure you all know) but they will once again get my money. Hope this helps someone out
 
 
20th February 2014, 01:23 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Not sure how CW works, but for another option Easy Tether works for USB and also bluetooth for tablet. My understanding is neither need root.
The Following User Says Thank You to fryguy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 12:43 AM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy

Not sure how CW works, but for another option Easy Tether works for USB and also bluetooth for tablet. My understanding is neither need root.

I could not get any of the tether apps to work with any type of connection.

Stock unrooted.
26th March 2014, 09:06 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremator75

I could not get any of the tether apps to work with any type of connection.

Stock unrooted.

Easy tether has worked for me and my friends on many different phones and many not rooted. Just curious, did you follow the setup guide and also install the pc or tablet app to go along with it? Have to make sure the pc or tablet app is running along with the phone app.
26th March 2014, 04:02 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy

Easy tether has worked for me and my friends on many different phones and many not rooted. Just curious, did you follow the setup guide and also install the pc or tablet app to go along with it? Have to make sure the pc or tablet app is running along with the phone app.

Easy tether used to work but quit after the last ota. I tried it just like I used to use it.
26th March 2014, 06:19 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremator75

Easy tether used to work but quit after the last ota. I tried it just like I used to use it.

Hmm. Will have to check it out. Not near a computer i can check. Thanks for the heads up then.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sprint G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank