Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] new note 2 with 4.3

Tip us?

johnnymac65
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] new note 2 with 4.3

question to all:
I busted my SCH-I605 and got another on from verizon. The new on had the 4.3 update so now i am stuck with a locked bootloader. My old one was rooted and i ran different roms. I like that I was able to change things on it. Since the bootloader is locked is it still worth rooting?

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4,249

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymac65 View Post
question to all:
I busted my SCH-I605 and got another on from verizon. The new on had the 4.3 update so now i am stuck with a locked bootloader. My old one was rooted and i ran different roms. I like that I was able to change things on it. Since the bootloader is locked is it still worth rooting?
It up to you.. rooting it you can change files, theme and other things, but the problem is no safe recovery.. so if you bootloop, you would have to Odin restore =/.. I had a 4.3 locked bootloader a few weeks ago and rooted and messed around..but once I bootlooped once..I didn't start the process over..
You could swap the motherboard.. You can find 4.1.2 online and switching them is a pretty simple process..

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you

johnnymac65
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
just logged back on. Thanks for the reply. I believe i will look for another motherboard.