Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,270 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashed CM 10.1 and Phone Calls no longer work

Tip us?

BrandonBeaux
Old
(Last edited by BrandonBeaux; 26th March 2014 at 07:24 PM.) Reason: Problem Solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Flashed CM 10.1 and Phone Calls no longer work

I flashed CM 10.1 (CDMA version) the other day and since then, phone calls haven't really worked. I can make outbound calls, but can't really receive inbound ones. When the calls connect, I can hear everything on the other line, but they can't hear me at all. I managed to reinstall Sprint Zone, and the network test shows Voice fails, and tells me I need to update my profile. The funny thing is, my data network works better than on the stock ROM.

Onto tried solutions:
CM 10.1 doesn't have a menu to update profile or prl, and the methods in the forums and on the web for manually updating PRL are way above my head. Special dialer codes like ##3282# don't work at all. Got off the phone with Sprint Customer Care this morning, and even though the lady was nice, she pretty much told me I'm SOL. If ANYONE has a solution, or at least a temporary fix for making calls, please, for the love of God reply. I'm really freaking new to this and lost all my backups somewhere along the way, so restoring it to pre-flash isn't an option.

EDIT: Finally figured out how and successfully flashed the factory FXZ for 4.1.2. Problem Solved.

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3381

DONATE TO ME
You need to do any/all PRL updating before flashing a custom ROM.

Reflash stock, get everything working there - update your PRL, make sure voice works (inbound, outbound etc). Then flash a custom ROM.

Also, I recommend something newer - CM10.1 is really old at this point. CM11 is pretty stable, even the nightlies - although note, they are all built under a unified device name, look for moto_msm8960