[Q] How to decompile and re-compile settings.apk for KitKat 4.4?

OP TheStart101

26th March 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18

That won't do you any good lol.. Then how will you recompile BC u won't be able too..just post the screenshot of your framework installing

Your right, but I'm curious if maybe i messed something up, i am far from dev lol. Any ways it was 1mb over the threshold lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	2651826  
26th March 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
More
danm captcha ha
Quote:

That won't do you any good lol.. Then how will you recompile BC u won't be able too..just post the screenshot of your framework installing

Your right, but i am very far from dev. I wonder if maybe somethings outdated or wrong although i've been at this for days and nights trying to make a breakthrew, It works for jb 4.3 i just havent tested the recompiled app yet. Anyhow heres your screenshot...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.PNG
Views:	15
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	2651835  
26th March 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Themer
Flag LbTs
Thanks Meter: 4,724

3,335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStart101

Your right, but i am very far from dev. I wonder if maybe somethings outdated or wrong although i've been at this for days and nights trying to make a breakthrew, It works for jb 4.3 i just havent tested the recompiled app yet. Anyhow heres your screenshot...

Thanks..OK its the framework..whatever ROM u got that from is not going to work.. So I suggest using a cm11 framework res or another of your choice.. I have seen this problem on nightly builds..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to lacoursiere18 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks..OK its the framework..whatever ROM u got that from is not going to work.. So I suggest using a cm11 framework res or another of your choice.. I have seen this problem on nightly builds..

Thank you very much, though I'm kind of sad now haha. The slimkat is the best rom I've come across and there is very little I want to mod. Any how looks like I'm off to download CM I appericate the help so much!!! I've been up for two day trying to figure this out lol
26th March 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Themer
Flag LbTs
Thanks Meter: 4,724

3,335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStart101

Thank you very much, though I'm kind of sad now haha. The slimkat is the best rom I've come across and there is very little I want to mod. Any how looks like I'm off to download CM I appericate the help so much!!! I've been up for two day trying to figure this out lol

See that's even funnier.. I ran across this guy that had the same issue as you and it was the same EXACT rom..slimkat.. Don't know what the issue with is.. Maybe he doesn't want you modding his framework lol..I would post in that thread and ask

26th March 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
More
Quote:

See that's even funnier.. I ran across this guy that had the same issue as you and it was the same EXACT rom..slimkat.. Don't know what the issue with is.. Maybe he doesn't want you modding his framework lol..I would post in that thread and ask

I don't know it says it's open source and gives you the link to all the code on github ;o who knows, but for now I want to try again and hope i get somewhere this time Maybe the next rom you install will be one I made Again I thank you very much
The Following User Says Thank You to TheStart101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread