404-Not Found
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by androvista View Post
That's my sector

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app
Correct, but your ROM uses a (I may be wrong) Nightlie Kernel by Hashcode, Lightning ROM will use the Diablo Kernel which is way faster, in my opinion.
Also guys, I may pull out a Beta Version by the next 2 weeks.

The Following User Says Thank You to 404-Not Found For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

404-Not Found
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Update:
I have hereby plan to make 2 versions of Lightning.

1) Spark ROM-
This is a 100% Build based on twa's SGT7 ROM with tweaks and mods. This is intended to be a super light and really memory friendly ROM that will be optimized for battery usage and RAM usage. This will NOT include the Diablo Kernel.

2) Fire Storm ROM
This is really aggressive ROM based on Hellkat which is loosely based on SGT7. This is meant for Power Users and keep memory at a maximum but not battery friendly with a few tweaks. This is will include Halo and I am considering of making a Hybrid between Beanstalk and Hellkat, but I doubt it. This WILL include the Diablo Kernel.

The Following User Says Thank You to 404-Not Found For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

47th_Ronin
Old
(Last edited by 47th_Ronin; 23rd February 2014 at 12:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404-Not Found View Post
Update:
I have hereby plan to make 2 versions of Lightning.

1) Spark ROM-
This is a 100% Build based on twa's SGT7 ROM with tweaks and mods. This is intended to be a super light and really memory friendly ROM that will be optimized for battery usage and RAM usage. This will NOT include the Diablo Kernel.

2) Fire Storm ROM
This is really aggressive ROM based on Hellkat which is loosely based on SGT7. This is meant for Power Users and keep memory at a maximum but not battery friendly with a few tweaks. This is will include Halo and I am considering of making a Hybrid between Beanstalk and Hellkat, but I doubt it. This WILL include the Diablo Kernel.

Firestorm for me please!

Have you considered using Vanir or Omnimetal as a base?
For pure performance they're at the top of the list at least on galaxy nexus which by the way is also an omap4 device.
In fact Otter and the galaxy nexus are very similar in hardware.

VERY similar.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

androvista
Old
Thanks Meter 281
Quote:
Correct, but your ROM uses a (I may be wrong) Nightlie Kernel by Hashcode, Lightning ROM will use the Diablo Kernel which is way faster, in my opinion.
Also guys, I may pull out a Beta Version by the next 2 weeks.

You are 100% correct, but I was also planning two versions AND Diablo Kernel in the 'Premium' kind of version. Looks like our thoughts match!
How about a joint venture? PM me.

I decided about a feature ROM since you told me the ROM should be more unique

Hey, I'm androvista, head of the InFriction ROM team.
InFriction ROM team head - androvista is AwesomePress the Thanks button To Support my Hard Work

ClassySandwiches
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I could add Halo but it may slow down the system. Also I want maximize performance and is why I want to use the Diablo Kernel, since we get a better performance and just a bit more memory.
I agree don't put anything in that would sacrifice any performance at all. The kindle fire is old and slow enough as it is.

404-Not Found
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Hey guys, I am sorry I will postpone the launch of my ROMs push it as far as 1-5 weeks. Sorry guys, I got my finals this month and I am being flooded with school work and projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 404-Not Found For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ClassySandwiches
Old
Thanks Meter 2
if it's not too late an idea for the rom be a power saving feature similar too what's on touchwiz roms. that's the one thing that I like about touch wiz. If possible make a quick toggle

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Tags
lightning, rom