FORUMS

NVIDIA Launches SHIELD Android TV at Google I/O

Since Android TV was announced at Google I/O 2014, there has been very little activity … more

Devs Beware – Automatic Backup Privacy Risks

One new feature of “Android M” (speculation on potential names welcomed … more

Android M to Bring New App Drawer

It has now been seen that Android M will receive a new app drawer as part of the stock … more

Which IO Announcement Are You Most Excited About?

The keynote we had all been waiting for has just ended and it’s time to enjoy … more

New P5210 SGT 3 10.1 ROM Release

Thanks Meter: 32

By Brian D, Senior Member on 20th March 2014, 01:34 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Has anyone upgraded their P5210 to the new release XAR-P5210UEUANB2? I downloaded the firmware last night but am debating loading it. I have multiple backups so if anything goes awry I can put my tablet back to the way I like it. Just trying to figure out if it would benefit me to move to the new version. Couldn't find what the difference was between the new version and the XAR-P5210UEUAMK1 version.

20th March 2014, 03:05 PM |#2  
Flag Lubbock
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Battery Full No Difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D

Has anyone upgraded their P5210 to the new release XAR-P5210UEUANB2? I downloaded the firmware last night but am debating loading it. I have multiple backups so if anything goes awry I can put my tablet back to the way I like it. Just trying to figure out if it would benefit me to move to the new version. Couldn't find what the difference was between the new version and the XAR-P5210UEUAMK1 version.

I have noticed no difference in any way... I am thinking this might be prep for 4.4.2, they have done this with other Galaxy Models include the Note 3 prior to 4.4.2...

Let's hope...
21st March 2014, 05:54 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oceanside, Ca

More
I find it interesting that a new release was available but very little on what was added/changed/deleted. Well at least nothing that I could find. I might be looking in the wrong places. So, a precursor to 4.4.x release? That could be so. But I have to ask myself if I want to upgrade to KK or not. What will it bring to the Tab 3 10.1 P5210 table? I guess that will be the deciding factor.
21st March 2014, 11:55 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Some minor API changes, obviously they are getting prepared for a major update and they try not to break anything.
22nd March 2014, 12:35 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oceanside, Ca

More
Nice, so I guess an upgrade will benefit me if I elect to download KK. Thanks

How would I go about upgrading without disturbing my present state and apps? Basically just changing the rom ver and nothing else like data and what not?
22nd March 2014, 03:07 AM |#6  
Flag Gallifrey
Thanks Meter: 544

More
My ROM is coming !
With this, your Tab will even more than Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

Sent from Gallifrey using TARDIS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nonta72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 09:10 PM |#7  
Flag Gallifrey
Thanks Meter: 544

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D

Check my new rom for Tab 3 10.1 !!!
Look at my signature !

Sent from Gallifrey using TARDIS
The Following User Says Thank You to Nonta72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread