Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Do I have to remove Knox on 4.3 if I didn't install it?

OP fdecker

26th March 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

47 posts
I see all this talk about having to remove Knox to root the S3 with 4.3, but I upgraded OTA and I don't believe it installed it. I see the link on my screen, but when I click on it, it explains what it is and I can click "install". So unless there is some secret partition, I don't need to worry about running the Knox removal script, do I?
26th March 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 872

2,571 posts
More
All Knox does is show a flag when you flash a custom recovery or root with certain methods, and you cannot reset it like the flash counter.. So you can still root it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

47 posts
It does a little more
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

All Knox does is show a flag when you flash a custom recovery or root with certain methods, and you cannot reset it like the flash counter.. So you can still root it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Well, it allows an entirely separate and isolated profile or partition for separating work or secure things from personal things if you set it up. I thought the "remove knox" script was required for rooting or setting up a custom recovery. But if only the shortcut to the installer is there, I guess I don't need to remove it. I checked my Odin screen and it doesn't show there.
26th March 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #4  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 872

2,571 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdecker

Well, it allows an entirely separate and isolated profile or partition for separating work or secure things from personal things if you set it up. I thought the "remove knox" script was required for rooting or setting up a custom recovery. But if only the shortcut to the installer is there, I guess I don't need to remove it. I checked my Odin screen and it doesn't show there.

Yes, but I meant regarding rooting

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread