Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,370 Members 37,200 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] battery life suddenly horrendous

Tip us?

shrimants
Old
(Last edited by shrimants; 26th March 2014 at 04:40 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] battery life suddenly horrendous

My battery life suddenly became horrible this morning. Normally I unplug my phone every morning around 6AM, and i dont need to charge it again until closer to 9PM.

This morning, I realized that despite being on a full charge at 6AM as usual, my battery was completely depleted by 10. I checked the battery "app" and it said that phone idle and cell standby were both at 13% usage, and that was the most i had used my phone. it registered the full time (4 hours) of usage for those 2 but it also said that it was only responsible for 13 % of my battery drain each. After that there was google play services.

I figured it was just a fluke, so I reboot the phone and recharged it. Once again, the battery drained in a mere 4 hours. This time it told me a voice call of only 10 minutes length was responsible for 35% of my battery drain, and that having my screen on for a seperate 10 minutes was responsible for 25% of my battery drain. This might be fine and dandy if the actual draining chart showed a steep fall off when i made the call, but that is not the case. the chart is a straight line showing constant drainage with no steep or flat areas. I'm thinking something is definitely wrong and the phone is causing itself to drain. maybe something hardware oriented, since i dont even have very many apps downloaded.

I've literally only interacted with my phone maybe 3 times today, and I didnt even do anything major.

Do you guys have any ideas as to what is going on with it?

I'm CM10, latest stable. not the monthlies. no cpu hacks or anything, and as I said, this problem cropped up this morning. before this everything has been fine.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,713

DONATE TO ME
Please search for Better Battery Stats here on XDA. That thread has quiet a few tips on saving battery drain.

shrimants
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
Please search for Better Battery Stats here on XDA. That thread has quiet a few tips on saving battery drain.
If I hadnt already made sure I was following the tips and I wasnt dead sure that something was the problem, I would not have made this post.

I did manage to figure out the problem by sheer dumb luck and a little bit of educated guessing.

I uninstalled the MyFitnessPal and tried again today. I'm exhibiting normal battery drain now (10 hours and im at 46% with not too much usage of the phone).

If you read the post I made, no apps were showing up as a large battery drainer, and all my stats were reporting incorrect times (13% battery usage for a 4 hour period despite showing me i only used the phone for 10 minutes). So something was definitely wrong. Uninstalling the app fixed the issue though, so for anyone who exhibits this problem, uninstall whatever apps you most recently installed and do a reboot.

I didnt have to reset or anything.