[Q] Saferoot or Clockworkmod Recovery?

Search This thread

tjhooker4

Mar 25, 2014
I'm on a new Galaxy S4. Model SCH-1545, baseband version VRUEMK2, on Verizon wireless. I have root access and I wanted to install this ROM, do I need to go through saferoot to do so or is my version able to use a custom recovery?

Also is there any downside to using saferoot? Will the OS run slower?

I know similar topics have been covered quite a bit here and I have read through many threads, so I apologize for rehashing a familiar topic - I just wanted specific advice if possible because I hard bricked my last phone when I thought I had it all figured out and I'd rather look like a dummy on here than brick another phone.

I greatly appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

Last edited:

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I'm on a new Galaxy S4. Model SCH-1545, baseband version VRUEMK2, on Verizon wireless. I have root access and I wanted to install this ROM, do I need to go through saferoot to do so or is my version able to use a custom recovery?

I know similar topics have been covered quite a bit here and I have read through many threads, so I apologize for rehashing a familiar topic - I just wanted specific advice if possible because I hard bricked my last phone when I thought I had it all figured out and I'd rather look like a dummy on here than brick another phone.

Please do some research...There is a sticky thread in general section you need to read asap

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tjhooker4

Mar 25, 2014
Please do some research...There is a sticky thread in general section you need to read asap

Thanks, I've been reading through all of them and realized that that particular rom is not even safestrap compatible.

From everything I've read, my version of the gs4 is currently restricted to safestrap for custom ROMS - is that correct?

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia

To answer the outstanding question: rooting your phone won't make it run slower.

tjhooker4

Mar 25, 2014
To answer the outstanding question: rooting your phone won't make it run slower.

Ah, that was a typo. I meant to ask if ROMs would run slower when using safestrap. Thank you for your response though.

And I think I'm good with stock 4.3 for now. I just wanted a bare bones, GPE style, KitKat ROM but that does not appear to be possible on my device currently so I'll probably just wait until something like that pops up.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Ah, that was a typo. I meant to ask if ROMs would run slower when using safestrap. Thank you for your response though.

And I think I'm good with stock 4.3 for now. I just wanted a bare bones, GPE style, KitKat ROM but that does not appear to be possible on my device currently so I'll probably just wait until something like that pops up.

Safestrap gives you many options. ..hyperdrive is by far the most customizable rom out of the gate I have seen and one of the fastest..

tjhooker4

Mar 25, 2014
Safestrap gives you many options. ..hyperdrive is by far the most customizable rom out of the gate I have seen and one of the fastest..

Thanks for the tip. I'm still trying to read up on all of the available ROMs to see if any jump out at me and Hyperdrive seems to be pretty cool, seems like a lot of people enjoy it and it has a good dev team too.