No registration required

[Q] What happened to my power button?

OP poppers162

25th March 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58

239 posts
More
I was using my phone like any other day, and then I locked my phone and later on went to wake the screen and it wouldn't wake up. I did a "battery pull" (power+volume down) and it rebooted fine. When it came back on, I tried to press the button to lock the screen but to no avail. I went on and got smart screen on and it works okay but I'd like to know if any of you know what's wrong with it. It feels fine, clicks like normal. I haven't dropped it recently or anything. But sometimes, when I barely touch the power button, the power menu opens. I don't really understand that but if any of you have any help for me, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app
25th March 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 254

680 posts
Kinda sounds like a hardware issue maybe some pocket lint or something wiggled it's way in there... Take it apart and have a look..you would be surprised as to what can work it's way in there

26th March 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58

239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives

Kinda sounds like a hardware issue maybe some pocket lint or something wiggled it's way in there... Take it apart and have a look..you would be surprised as to what can work it's way in there

Just suddenly began working the next day. I don't exactly know why... Maybe an app or something had it confused. I really don't know.

The Following User Says Thank You to poppers162 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread