FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Lollipop Xposed Framework Alpha 4 Released

Good news to all Xposed Framework fans. XDA Senior Recognized … more

Do You Rock Two Phones?

A few people in the comments were surprised to find out that a number of the XDA staff actually use two phones … more

Brand Loyalty: OEMs Giveth and Then Taketh Away

The majority of users here at XDA will feel fierce brand loyalty for a company, whether … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Flashlight apps

26th March 2014, 10:18 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
About 2 years have past since a similar question was posted so here goes again;

Are there any flashlight apps that just turn on the LED without asking for all sorts of suspicious permissions like;

Network communication
view network connections
full network access
view Wi-Fi connections
receive data from Internet
Phone calls
read phone status and identity
Storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Your applications information
retrieve running apps
Camera
take pictures and videos
Development tools
change system display settings
System tools
modify system settings
test access to protected storage
 
 
26th March 2014, 11:20 PM |#2  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,686
 
More
How about the built in widget?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th March 2014, 08:17 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

How about the built in widget?

I don't see it in my widget list. Is it a downloadable widget?
27th March 2014, 08:42 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream25

Are there any flashlight apps that just turn on the LED without asking for all sorts of suspicious permissions like;

TeslaLED.
28th March 2014, 01:23 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
I use the xposed module that turns it on when you hold volume up while the screen is off, for me it's much more convenient than an app or the quicksettings widget.
28th March 2014, 02:51 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
On stock the widget is called assistive light.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
28th March 2014, 11:43 AM |#7  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,686
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iclick

I don't see it in my widget list. Is it a downloadable widget?

It's called assistive light

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th March 2014, 05:14 PM |#8  
Member
Flag Webster, NY
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Here's one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream25

About 2 years have past since a similar question was posted so here goes again;

Are there any flashlight apps that just turn on the LED without asking for all sorts of suspicious permissions like;

Network communication
view network connections
full network access
view Wi-Fi connections
receive data from Internet
Phone calls
read phone status and identity
Storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Your applications information
retrieve running apps
Camera
take pictures and videos
Development tools
change system display settings
System tools
modify system settings
test access to protected storage

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rto.flashlight

It just needs camera permissions to turn on the flash
The Following User Says Thank You to ammjr71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flashlight app
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes