5,597,937 Members 38,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to install twrp 2.6.3.3 for note 10.1 2014??

Tip us?

rriffle08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Twrp issues..

Ok,,,, I've Read and Read, I have a galaxy note 2014, 600, wifi only.... Have it rooted with odin, But I cannot get twrp installed. I've tried odin several times to no success.Alos tried gooim or whatever its called. The tablet always goes back to the android recovery... Ive read that it can be done, also that it cant be done. So am i wasting time, or just screwing something up.... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

ChrisNee1988
Old
Thanks Meter 50
The easiest way to install twrp is to use goomanager. Hit menu and hit install open recovery

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

grmcrkrs
Old
(Last edited by grmcrkrs; 19th February 2014 at 03:16 AM.) Reason: Changed number of posts that I was talking about
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNee1988 View Post
The easiest way to install twrp is to use goomanager. Hit menu and hit install open recovery

Goo manager doesn't work on our tablet for install of twrp.

Use the link four posts up for the twrp. Also, just check your SOC with CPUz, to make sure it's actually the right version of twrp for your tablet. But Odin is the way to go.

ChrisNee1988
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmcrkrs View Post
Goo manager doesn't work on our tablet for install of twrp.

Use the link four posts up for the twrp. Also, just check your SOC with CPUz, to make sure it's actually the right version of twrp for your tablet. But Odin is the way to go.
It definately worked for me, made backups and restored fine.

grmcrkrs
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNee1988 View Post
It definately worked for me, made backups and restored fine.

Maybe they updated their app. 1 month ago it was a known issue. Haven't tried since then.

rriffle08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question twrp

tried again, downloaded the correct tar file installed with odin, said success.... what the heck do i need to do to get recovery on this machine.....

ChrisNee1988
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rriffle08 View Post
tried again, downloaded the correct tar file installed with odin, said success.... what the heck do i need to do to get recovery on this machine.....
Download GooManager, hit the menu button, hit Install OpenRecoveryScript.

rriffle08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
wow, i finally got it. i used goomanager ask it to install recovery, said downloading, nothing... the i had it boot into recovery and it worked... dont know what i did to fix it, maybe nothing. but it works,,, How do i manually boot this thing into recovery.. Its nothing like my razr hd...

benni2903
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by rriffle08 View Post
wow, i finally got it. i used goomanager ask it to install recovery, said downloading, nothing... the i had it boot into recovery and it worked... dont know what i did to fix it, maybe nothing. but it works,,, How do i manually boot this thing into recovery.. Its nothing like my razr hd...
Power off your device, then press Volume up + power button. Release the power button when you see the "galaxy note 10.1 2014" screen

Gesendet von meinem SM-P600 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to benni2903 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tiger505
Old
(Last edited by tiger505; 26th March 2014 at 11:23 PM.) Reason: Solved somehow
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by benni2903 View Post
Power off your device, then press Volume up + power button. Release the power button when you see the "galaxy note 10.1 2014" screen

Gesendet von meinem SM-P600 mit Tapatalk
I'm hoping maybe someone could enlighten me how to get TWRP to boot into TWRP. I had CleanRom installed and everything was working with TWRP. Stupid me I thought I could help battery life by doing a Cache and Dalvik Cache wipe. Bonked my P600! I had to ODIN a new firmware, rooted and tried to get TWRP installed. I've tried the ODIN Tar method 2.6.3.1, Tried with a TWRP zip file and Goo Manager to install TWRP and none worked. When I go to recovery I keep getting the Android System Recovery. My head is banging on my desk at the moment. Would anyone have an idea how to get TWRP working on my rooted and now stock P600? I so want to get Clean 2.0 back.

A big Thanks in advance for the help.

Solved: I'm not sure why but I tried ODIN again and TWRP install. WEIRD