Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 49,399 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][ROM] Porting CM11 to LG G Flex

Tip us?

cascio97
Old
(Last edited by cascio97; 26th March 2014 at 11:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Post [DEV][ROM] Porting CM11 to LG G Flex

Who am I?
Hello, my name is Lorenzo I am 16 y.o. and I am from Italy. I started falling in love w/ Android in 2010 with my first LG P500 (Optimus One). Now I own a phone store and I can have almost any phone for good price but I loved the LG G Flex since I saw it, at the presentation. I ordered it from China 5 days after. It arrived 3 weeks ago.

What do I want from you, the XDA Community?
I need to get in touch with some good Android developers to port the PURE GOOGLE custom rom is available for the LG G2 to the LG G Flex (since they are really similar devices). I tried downloading it, trying to port it w/o any success. Just boot loop and EFS partition lost.

How can you help me?
I have some basic Java and C knowledge but it's not as "high-level" as the one that Android Open Source development needs.

So, what now?
If you know a developer, if you are a developer you know you can help me (well, you can help ALL the LG G Flex community). No one took this device seriously from the beginning but I KNOW we can DO IT. I am always available for testing, helping and stuff but I, we really need YOUR help to do it!

On 2nd post you will find EVERY people available for testing.

If you have any idea, just write. The keyboard doesn't bite, me neither.
Hey man, press the THANKS btn if I helped!

Devices I have had:

LG Nexus 5 (current, AWESOME)
LG G Flex D958 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 (sold)
Google Nexus 5 D820 (sold)
Google Nexus 4 Mako (sold)
HTC One 801e (sold)
Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 (sold)
iPhone 5s (sold)
LG Optimus 7 E900 (sold)
LG Optimus One P500 (broken)
LG Cookie KP500 (sold)
The Following User Says Thank You to cascio97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cascio97
Old
(Last edited by cascio97; 29th March 2014 at 09:11 PM.) Reason: added testers
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Post People available for testing

Since there are different LG G Flex variants, this post is divided in sections. Under every section there are the people available for testing on that model

LG G Flex D955 (European model):

LG G Flex D958 (Hong Kong & Asia model):

-Me! @cascio97

LG G Flex D959 (TMobile USA model):

LG G Flex D950 (AT&T model):

LG G Flex LS995 (Sprint model):

LG G Flex F340 (Korea model):
Hey man, press the THANKS btn if I helped!

Devices I have had:

LG Nexus 5 (current, AWESOME)
LG G Flex D958 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 (sold)
Google Nexus 5 D820 (sold)
Google Nexus 4 Mako (sold)
HTC One 801e (sold)
Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 (sold)
iPhone 5s (sold)
LG Optimus 7 E900 (sold)
LG Optimus One P500 (broken)
LG Cookie KP500 (sold)

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2823

DONATE TO ME
I can test the959 and possibly help with getting it working. I've been wanting to tackle aosp and this would be a perfect phone to run it.

On a side note this should probably get in general..... Do we even have a mod, I've seen a lot that would get shut down in other threads going in here?

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mja0318
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would happily test on my d950!

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

bbobarino
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
I can test the959 and possibly help with getting it working. I've been wanting to tackle aosp and this would be a perfect phone to run it.

On a side note this should probably get in general..... Do we even have a mod, I've seen a lot that would get shut down in other threads going in here?

Omg thats so funny thats a good question do we have a mod?? Its so pathetic coming from samsung and nexus i have never seen such dull development

MAIN DEVICES M919 GALAXY S 4/LG D959 G FLEX/NEXUS 7 2ND GEN

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2823

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbobarino View Post
Omg thats so funny thats a good question do we have a mod?? Its so pathetic coming from samsung and nexus i have never seen such dull development

I think you missed what I meant. I mean a moderator (mod) I see tons of bickering, repeat threads, questions in the wrong section, etc. In the note 2 forum that stuff would be deleted instantly.

By the way development is slow because it's a new phone with a locked bootloader. I think there's like 3 or 4 people ready to drop a ROM when we get a recovery. I know I am

ApriliaM3
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 13434
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
I think you missed what I meant. I mean a moderator (mod) I see tons of bickering, repeat threads, questions in the wrong section, etc. In the note 2 forum that stuff would be deleted instantly.
What have you done about it apart from whining here? Have you reported the threads? Perhaps the members in the Note 2 forum are more pro-active...

The Following User Says Thank You to ApriliaM3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bbobarino
Old
Thanks Meter 227
I new exactly what u meant wen u said mod lol thats y it was so funny derp

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote:

Not for nothing i No its cause we have locked bootloader u must think im noob clearly im not

MAIN DEVICES M919 GALAXY S 4/LG D959 G FLEX/NEXUS 7 2ND GEN

iamtha1
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Not for nothing i No its cause we have locked bootloader u must think im noob clearly im not

We r days away from our bootloader being unlocked..... personally i came from the lg optimus g which had a few very good devs which gave me some of the most stable roms i have ever run. I also had the galaxy s2 which had unlimited roms to flash but most were unstable caused random reboots countless softbricks. So i like what is comeing to the flex! Just be patient i think u will also

Sent from my LG-D950 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to iamtha1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kintwofan
Old
(Last edited by kintwofan; 27th March 2014 at 02:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2823

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApriliaM3 View Post
What have you done about it apart from whining here? Have you reported the threads? Perhaps the members in the Note 2 forum are more pro-active...

Seriously? I made one comment and had it been a serious infraction would have reported it like I usually do. I was just noting I haven't seen one mod yet (so half jokingly commented)...oh until I asked if we had one then you come in throwing accusations.

Quote:

I dint think you're a noob. Just pointing out the flood is coming. By the way now that you mention it, it was a funny coincidence.

Typo fix

The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, g flex 4.4.2, g flex pure android, lg f flex