Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Don't use the new themes on 4.3 it causes bootloop

OP tico_ssa

27th March 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi, speak from Brazil.

I'm here to warn you guys that the themes of Sony, those new (cute) themes simple put our Xperia SP to bootloop, don't use them in any circunstances.
I've made a lot of test in the firmware 12.1.0.266 and when i put any of those damn themes and turn off my phone, it justs enter in bootloop mode when i try to turn it on again.

Then i have to use SUS to recovery phone.

I'll repeat

DO NOT USE THE NEW THEMES IN ANY CIRCUNSTANCES.
UNFORTUNATELY SONY MESSED UP OUT PHONE.

just wanna warn you guys, sorry about the english.
27th March 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #2  
Flag Santa Cruz
Thanks Meter: 17

95 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2690742 this is the solution for Xperia V, T, TX...maybe work in your SP sorry for my bad english
Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app
27th March 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Exclamation Problem is that i don't wanna root my phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose78987

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2690742 this is the solution for Xperia V, T, TX...maybe work in your SP sorry for my bad english
Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app

The problem is that i can't root my phone, don't wanna lose my drm keys or bravia engine...
27th March 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 15

201 posts
What themes?i am using the amazing spider themes and it works for me except the volume can't be seen. I tried restarting my phne and still works

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
27th March 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 27

142 posts
Yeah what themes are u speaking of?

I tried.... Blue Water, Clean Foggy, Color Pixel, Craftsmanship, Noir, Amazing Spider-man 2, Tri Flat, Winter Snow, Woody and no one gimme problems.... well I lost volume bar xD, but all working good
I don't know if there are 4.4 exclusive themes, that ones could cause problems in SP, I hope u're not speaking of that (I repeat, I dunnno if there are 4.4 exlcusives)...
27th March 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Yeaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBerto

Yeah what themes are u speaking of?

I tried.... Blue Water, Clean Foggy, Color Pixel, Craftsmanship, Noir, Amazing Spider-man 2, Tri Flat, Winter Snow, Woody and no one gimme problems.... well I lost volume bar xD, but all working good
I don't know if there are 4.4 exclusive themes, that ones could cause problems in SP, I hope u're not speaking of that (I repeat, I dunnno if there are 4.4 exlcusives)...

Yea, at first everything was ok for me too, then, after a month my phone just don't boot to android when i put any theme that's not android's default theme.

For example:

If i put the theme Rock on or Craftsmanship or even Comic Pirate the phone works flawless, ok.... when i turn off my phone, it gets to bootloop when i turn it on again, this happens with any theme that's not android's default.
The only fix for that is using sus and wiping all data from the phone.

Sorry about the english, im just warning you, it can happen to any of you...My advice is to not use them and preven't futures headaches like i'm having losing all my data because of those damn themes.
27th March 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #7  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 57

246 posts
More
@tico_ssa me and my friends didn't experienced it after a month using custom themes

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th March 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #8  
Flag Xanthi
Thanks Meter: 104

501 posts
More
I used too custom themes...Don't know what's the problem but they work fine for me ^_^
27th March 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 517

560 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tico_ssa

Yea, at first everything was ok for me too, then, after a month my phone just don't boot to android when i put any theme that's not android's default theme.

For example:

If i put the theme Rock on or Craftsmanship or even Comic Pirate the phone works flawless, ok.... when i turn off my phone, it gets to bootloop when i turn it on again, this happens with any theme that's not android's default.

Sorry about the english, im just warning you, it can happen to any of you...My advice is to not use them and preven't futures headaches like i'm having losing all my data because of those damn themes.

How many time did it happen to you?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
27th March 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 27

142 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tico_ssa

For example:

oh.... that's weird indeed...

In my case I has to reboot phone a lot of times with custom themes, trying to get my volume bar again xD and nothing happened.... nor get my volume bar QQ xD
this is then another bug 4.3 related, as always, just happens in certain devices, can u share what model and what file system you have, mine is C5302 global 4.3
And you try using another tft?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread