XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Question] Need to Unlock SIM on Cyanogen Mod 11

Tip us?

Greyshot26
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [Question] Need to Unlock SIM on Cyanogen Mod 11

So I finally decided to jump in and root my phone last night. I went through all the steps and put the Nightly build from 3/22/14 on my phone. Now all is good except the prompt to unlock my SIM never showed up. I'm in Germany for a semester abroad and purchased a pre-paid SIM card. So I can't access my SIM which means no service until I figure out how to do it. Luckily, I do have Wi-Fi in my room/building. Any ideas though?

nagim
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hi,

There is a CM11 topic in the development section, where you can find info about CM11 on Droid 4.
To use the CM11 on GSM, you should install Mentor's GSM patch (see first post of the CM11 thread) using Safestrap and you should be golden!

Also, if you want the safest way, install a stock ROM and Mentor's ROM after that (can also be found in the development section), it is optimized for GSM networks and also debloated.

Sent from my DROID4 using xda app-developers app

Greyshot26
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagim View Post
Hi,

There is a CM11 topic in the development section, where you can find info about CM11 on Droid 4.
To use the CM11 on GSM, you should install Mentor's GSM patch (see first post of the CM11 thread) using Safestrap and you should be golden!

Also, if you want the safest way, install a stock ROM and Mentor's ROM after that (can also be found in the development section), it is optimized for GSM networks and also debloated.

Thank you for the response. I'm going to go check it out. Will it give me the pop-up to unlock my locked SIM though? That's what's concerning me right now. I just can't get service until I unlock the actual SIM, but I usually get a nice little pop-up.

Either way, I'm gonna go try it and let you know!

Thanks again.

nagim
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Yes, you should get a popup to enter PIN, if you install Mentor's patch.
It will also remove the "SIM card is from unknown source" warning.

I don't use CM11, but I'm using stock ROM with Mentor's ROM installed, and in Hungary, it's working fine.

Also note that 4G will not work in Europe, only 2G/3G.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Might be a stupid question, but do you have SIM lock enabled in the phone system setrigs?

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

I see it from your other thread that it works for you now.

bwalz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Did you install safestrap? It allows you to switch between Roms. Its pretty damn useful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
New guy, ready to learn
Android/Volkswagen enthusiast
Droid 4/Droid Razr M/Nexus 2012/LG G2 VS980 White 32GB (root)