Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 51,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Brick when I close the keyboard

Tip us?

Balthasar85
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Brick when I close the keyboard

I use this rom for a week: ROM: cm-11-20140308-SNAPSHOT-M4

Today, three times my Relay is crashed.
When I close the physical keyboard, the smartphone is turned off and will not turn anymore. It is bricked!!
Coincidentally I found that by opening and closing the keyboard works and I can go on.
In the last case, smartphone would not turn over and I've unmount. I've reassembled and the smartphone is turned on again.
What can I do? it is the fault of the rom?

thanks for the answers

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthasar85 View Post
I use this rom for a week: ROM: cm-11-20140308-SNAPSHOT-M4

Today, three times my Relay is crashed.
When I close the physical keyboard, the smartphone is turned off and will not turn anymore. It is bricked!!
Coincidentally I found that by opening and closing the keyboard works and I can go on.
In the last case, smartphone would not turn over and I've unmount. I've reassembled and the smartphone is turned on again.
What can I do? it is the fault of the rom?

thanks for the answers
to be honest i discovered that on my other relay it was the battery that caused this "brick". for sng's i popped new relays battery in the old one and it booted right up. it sounds odd but there are alot of samsung devices that get a weird bootloop or shutdown issue that pertains to the battery and acts just like a brick would. the old relay was on this version of cm, then carbon right after i built it, then omni....i got this issue within a half an hour of flashing it and was thought fully dead till i found this out...dont know exactly what causes it but is a known issue with samsung batteries in general
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated