Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

[Q] SMS time sent vs. received

OP Brianakin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
27th March 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
I give up. I have searched here and elsewhere for a solution that works for me but nothing does. I am running a custom TW ROM (Dandroid 3.9 for JB 4.1.2) on Verizon firmware VRBMF1, so the fix for JPX/JPY firmware won't work for me. Other mods I have seen are for different firmwares also, and Wanam Xposed only works from JB 4.2+. I have also tried 3rd party apps that supposedly fix this, but SMS Sent Time Fix does not work, and SMS Sent Time does not actually fix the timestamp on the message; it only appends the actual sent time to the end of the body of the message which I don't prefer.

I did find a modded SecMms.apk with a fix baked in which does successfully add the actual sent time to the 'date_sent' field in the mmssms.db database; however this still does not accomplish the task of substituting the time sent in the timestamp that appears above each message. Also knowing that the SMS Sent Time app can locate the actual date/time sent gives me the belief that there has to be a way to get the timestamp in my conversations to use this value. Technically it wouldn't be the time I received it, but in cases where I'm in airplane mode for hours - as happens frequently - seeing that I received a text while my phone was off and knowing the time it was sent is more important that using a true time of receipt.

If I thought it was a limitation with JB 4.1.2 I would bite the bullet and update either to 4.3 or even to KitKat, but I like to think that it's possible yet the developers that do all this amazing work haven't found that Verizon SCH-i535 phone running TouchWiz Jellybean 4.1.2 to test on.

So does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try next?
The Following User Says Thank You to Brianakin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread