T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more
Post Reply

The "I just ordered an M8 but I'm impatient and want to post about it" thread

OP jtc276

27th March 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #1  
jtc276's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ripley, WV
Thanks Meter: 177
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
For anyone in that wonderful state of limbo known as "waiting," this is your thread. Feel free to periodically give updates on your order statuses and when you receive the device so others may go off of that information. I'll just go ahead and start it off.

Order Date:
March 26, 2013 at approx. 4:00 PM
Status: Picking
Estimated Shipping Date: March 26, 2014
Estimated Delivery Date: March 27, 2014
27th March 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #2  
djkinetic's Avatar
Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,035
 
2,792 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
U are far from limbo considering u have an estimated delivery date.

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk
27th March 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #3  
jtc276's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ripley, WV
Thanks Meter: 177
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkinetic

U are far from limbo considering u have an estimated delivery date.

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk

The entire point of this thread is to exaggerate the woes of waiting for something to be shipped. These are on every devices' forum when they're released. Obviously "limbo" is complete and total hyperbole.
27th March 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #4  
brainimpact's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 121
 
526 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
I ordered mine at 10pm in UK b/c I ordered past their cut off time for next day delivery I have to wait until Friday and its killing Me.
27th March 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #5  
Member
Flag orange county
Thanks Meter: 2
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtc276

For anyone in that wonderful state of limbo known as "waiting," this is your thread. Feel free to periodically give updates on your order statuses and when you receive the device so others may go off of that information. I'll just go ahead and start it off.

Order Date:
March 26, 2013 at approx. 4:00 PM
Status: Picking
Estimated Shipping Date: March 26, 2014
Estimated Delivery Date: March 27, 2014

What provider? I ordered mine from AT&T yesterday afternoon and so far no update at all on shipping
27th March 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #6  
surge27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
580 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
I ordered a dev edition pretty close to launch time...chose overnight shipping. Called HTC for eta and they said it is on backorder until 4/3 but my status online says I'll get it 3/26. Well, today's 3/26 and now says estimate delivery 3/27. Weird..

I heard from another person who ordered around same time and the same model that HTC will ship starting Thursday (tomorrow) based on time of order.

Guess we'll see... fingers crossed!
Last edited by surge27; 27th March 2014 at 03:51 AM.
27th March 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #7  
jtc276's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ripley, WV
Thanks Meter: 177
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luar949

What provider? I ordered mine from AT&T yesterday afternoon and so far no update at all on shipping

I ordered the Dev Edition.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
27th March 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #8  
jtc276's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ripley, WV
Thanks Meter: 177
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge27

I ordered a dev edition pretty close to launch time...chose overnight shipping. Called HTC for eta and they said it is on backorder until 4/3 but my status online says I'll get it 3/26. Well, today's 3/26 and now says estimate delivery 3/27. Weird..

I heard from another person who ordered around same time and the same model that HTC will ship starting Thursday (tomorrow) based on time of order.

Guess we'll see... fingers crossed!

Yeah, it's 11 PM here and I haven't gotten a shipping notification for my Dev Edition. I seriously doubt I'll actually get it tomorrow, but one can hope.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
27th March 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #9  
surge27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
580 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Looks like best case scenario is Friday delivery..

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th March 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #10  
jtc276's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ripley, WV
Thanks Meter: 177
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtc276

For anyone in that wonderful state of limbo known as "waiting," this is your thread. Feel free to periodically give updates on your order statuses and when you receive the device so others may go off of that information. I'll just go ahead and start it off.

Order Date:
March 26, 2013 at approx. 4:00 PM
Status: Picking
Estimated Shipping Date: March 26, 2014
Estimated Delivery Date: March 27, 2014

Update:

My order didn't ship yesterday, which doesn't surprise me at all. The estimated shipping and delivery dates have now changed:

Estimated Shipping Date: March 27, 2014
Estimated Delivery Date: March 28, 2014

Let's hope they're not kidding this time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in One (M8) General by ThreadRank