Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more
Thread Deleted

URGENT! Whole lot of mess! Need help!

OP jackzilla241

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
27th March 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Hi there. I set a homescreen ealier today to use a vpn. I wanted to turn it off but the "none" option was greyed out. I then go to security, and clear all installed credentials. Now when I tried texting, the messenger app would close upon opening. so I went to security and clicked system reset. I left "Erase Personal Data" unchecked. Then my phone rebooted and never moved past the "HTC Quietly Brilliant" screen. I forced it to reboot by holding the power button, and I proceeded to go to the bootloader! Great, it works. Go to recovery... as soon as I open it, my phone goes dark. I turn it back on, boot loop. and now my phone is stuck kinda "bricked". I have access to the bootloader and fastboot. I'm guessing the reset button that I clicked is looking for the stock recovery to restore the phone, but because it is replaced with clockworkmod's recovery, it closes on launch. Any way I can fix this mess without going to the at&t store or getting a new phone?

Specs prior to incident:
CleanRom 7.0R2 and Rooted
Hboot 2.41
S-Off

If I need to respecify anything, please let me know.

I wonder if I should try and reflash Recovery through fastboot. I still have the files backed up from when I rooted a year ago. what command would I type though.
Last edited by jackzilla241; 27th March 2014 at 05:04 AM.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread