Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 39,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The "I just ordered an M8 but I'm impatient and want to post about it" thread

Tip us?
 
jtc276
Old
#1  
jtc276's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 736
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ripley, WV
Default The "I just ordered an M8 but I'm impatient and want to post about it" thread

For anyone in that wonderful state of limbo known as "waiting," this is your thread. Feel free to periodically give updates on your order statuses and when you receive the device so others may go off of that information. I'll just go ahead and start it off.

Order Date:
March 26, 2013 at approx. 4:00 PM
Status: Picking
Estimated Shipping Date: March 26, 2014
Estimated Delivery Date: March 27, 2014
Current Devices:
HTC One M8 - Daily Driver
iPad Mini Retina - Main Tablet

Nexus 7 (2013) - Backup/Gaming Tablet
 
djkinetic
Old
#2  
djkinetic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,025
Posts: 2,788
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
U are far from limbo considering u have an estimated delivery date.

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk
Current Devices:

One Plus One Sandstone Black 64GB
LG G3 D851 SIM Unlocked (ATT) 32GB
HTC One M8 32GB Gunmetal Grey
LG G-Pad 8.3 GPE
Google Nexus 7 16 GB (2013)

Google Chromecast

Add me to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/106721746210047548500/posts
 
jtc276
Old
#3  
jtc276's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 736
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ripley, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkinetic View Post
U are far from limbo considering u have an estimated delivery date.

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk
The entire point of this thread is to exaggerate the woes of waiting for something to be shipped. These are on every devices' forum when they're released. Obviously "limbo" is complete and total hyperbole.
Current Devices:
HTC One M8 - Daily Driver
iPad Mini Retina - Main Tablet

Nexus 7 (2013) - Backup/Gaming Tablet
 
brainimpact
Old
#4  
brainimpact's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 526
Join Date: Oct 2011
I ordered mine at 10pm in UK b/c I ordered past their cut off time for next day delivery I have to wait until Friday and its killing Me.
 
luar949
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 99
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: orange county
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtc276 View Post
For anyone in that wonderful state of limbo known as "waiting," this is your thread. Feel free to periodically give updates on your order statuses and when you receive the device so others may go off of that information. I'll just go ahead and start it off.

Order Date:
March 26, 2013 at approx. 4:00 PM
Status: Picking
Estimated Shipping Date: March 26, 2014
Estimated Delivery Date: March 27, 2014
What provider? I ordered mine from AT&T yesterday afternoon and so far no update at all on shipping
 
surge27
Old
(Last edited by surge27; 27th March 2014 at 03:51 AM.)
#6  
surge27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 568
Join Date: Apr 2012
I ordered a dev edition pretty close to launch time...chose overnight shipping. Called HTC for eta and they said it is on backorder until 4/3 but my status online says I'll get it 3/26. Well, today's 3/26 and now says estimate delivery 3/27. Weird..

I heard from another person who ordered around same time and the same model that HTC will ship starting Thursday (tomorrow) based on time of order.

Guess we'll see... fingers crossed!
 
jtc276
Old
#7  
jtc276's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 736
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ripley, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by luar949 View Post
What provider? I ordered mine from AT&T yesterday afternoon and so far no update at all on shipping
I ordered the Dev Edition.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Current Devices:
HTC One M8 - Daily Driver
iPad Mini Retina - Main Tablet

Nexus 7 (2013) - Backup/Gaming Tablet
 
jtc276
Old
#8  
jtc276's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 736
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ripley, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge27 View Post
I ordered a dev edition pretty close to launch time...chose overnight shipping. Called HTC for eta and they said it is on backorder until 4/3 but my status online says I'll get it 3/26. Well, today's 3/26 and now says estimate delivery 3/27. Weird..

I heard from another person who ordered around same time and the same model that HTC will ship starting Thursday (tomorrow) based on time of order.

Guess we'll see... fingers crossed!
Yeah, it's 11 PM here and I haven't gotten a shipping notification for my Dev Edition. I seriously doubt I'll actually get it tomorrow, but one can hope.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Current Devices:
HTC One M8 - Daily Driver
iPad Mini Retina - Main Tablet

Nexus 7 (2013) - Backup/Gaming Tablet
 
surge27
Old
#9  
surge27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 568
Join Date: Apr 2012
Looks like best case scenario is Friday delivery..

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
jtc276
Old
#10  
jtc276's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 736
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ripley, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtc276 View Post
For anyone in that wonderful state of limbo known as "waiting," this is your thread. Feel free to periodically give updates on your order statuses and when you receive the device so others may go off of that information. I'll just go ahead and start it off.

Order Date:
March 26, 2013 at approx. 4:00 PM
Status: Picking
Estimated Shipping Date: March 26, 2014
Estimated Delivery Date: March 27, 2014
Update:

My order didn't ship yesterday, which doesn't surprise me at all. The estimated shipping and delivery dates have now changed:

Estimated Shipping Date: March 27, 2014
Estimated Delivery Date: March 28, 2014

Let's hope they're not kidding this time.
Current Devices:
HTC One M8 - Daily Driver
iPad Mini Retina - Main Tablet

Nexus 7 (2013) - Backup/Gaming Tablet

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Give Your Android Wear Device a Lock Screen with Lockable

Without a doubt,Android Wear is one of the most frequently talked abouttopics of … more

Forums Added for the LG G Watch R and Samsung Gear S

A little over a week ago, LG “inadvertently” let the world know about the … more

Secrecy App Goes Open Source, New LG Android Wear Device! – XDA Developer TV

Secrecy encryption app goes open source! That and much … more

Pushbullet Updated with SMS Send Ability

Pushbullet is one of thoseapplications that every Android lover should have installed on his or … more