Flash, Re-install or what?

Search This thread

stream13

Mar 24, 2014
Hi,
I'm a new member here.

8 months ago, I purchased two "Samkimoke T710 LA-I" Android phones. It has Spreadtrum SC6820, Mail 300 GPU, 256 MB RAM, MTK6517, Camera (idk spec needed for driver? I guess).
(I know the above from an App I installed in another T710 mobile.)

The OS was said to be "4.0.2" in 'About Device', i personally think it's Android GingerBread though.

Today, I got a miss call, and after that I just pushed the Power button (to turn the display off), it did so. Now the thing does NOT start, no display while charging.

I've googled a LOT, I tried other batteries, connected mobile to USB and then inserted battery, as was said online, nothing came, I also tried Volume buttons + Power button, and also charge to Power Outlet trick. Nothing worked.

After that I went to a local repair shop, after checking it he said the phone does boot, but is not starting (i think he was referring to it's ROM), he said "he would try to re-install a software", from what I understood, he wanted to flash it or something.

So the questions are:

1. Was my phone "dead" or "hard brick" with OUT any problem/s (just out of nowhere) ?
2. Can i flash it (or even any "hard brick" Android device) myself, and expect it to work? If yes, how?
3. Where can i find a custom ROM this manufacturer used (or it's alternative)? What tool should i use to Flash?

(i guess, personally, driver issue will arise in these cases) I checked the Samkimoke DOT com website, their service is available in China only, and NO Email given for me to ask question about their custom ROM)

Thank you ...

(You can say I'm too greedy to forget that .. i can't throw a device that was working in the morning, and that's just 8 months old :( )

stream13

Mar 24, 2014
What's happening here?

I left it for the shop to flash (I've never flashed an Android before), and also since it's Chinese Android - I was unsure of the ROM. So he said he tried to flash it (or flashed it) but it still isn't booting!

Back home, I pressed the Power Button, and I noticed this.

http:\\i.share.pho.to/e7653bef_o.png

1. Before Pressing Power Button
2. After Pressing Power Button (the display starts, as if trying to display something)
3. The display fading away (back to off state -- state 1)
4. Back to State 1

All this happens within a second. Is the phone trying to launch the ROM and not finding it or something? Does the above mean it's not the Hardware issue?

I downloaded the MTK Droid Tool and it does NOT show any info, it doesn't detect it at all.

What should I do in such cases?

Thanks ....

Umm.. Am I posting this in the wrong forum section or something?

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
I left it for the shop to flash (I've never flashed an Android before), and also since it's Chinese Android - I was unsure of the ROM. So he said he tried to flash it (or flashed it) but it still isn't booting!

2. After Pressing Power Button (the display starts, as if trying to display something)
4. Back to State 1

All this happens within a second. Is the phone trying to launch the ROM and not finding it or something? Does the above mean it's not the Hardware issue?

I downloaded the MTK Droid Tool and it does NOT show any info, it doesn't detect it at all.

Thanks ....

i don't think this is your fault, its just the faulty Chinese firmware is terribly developed and half of the time this happens to all Chinese phones. they decide not to work anymore or the usb drivers decide to not like your computer anymore. if there is not life from the device (no boot, no recovery) then its hard bricked. the only why you could fix it is using a jtag and finding the firmware online for your specific device and using that to write the Firmware back onto your device. but that can cost lots of moola $.

Reactions: stream13

|>/\nte

4. Back to State 1

Thanks ....

Sounds like a hard brick to me, too. Since you didn't "tweak" the phone in any way, it's not your fault. You can do only 2 things: either go to another service shop and ask for repair, or find a toolkit and the necessary firmware files to flash it on your own. From what you're describing, it seems like the firmware is all messed up.

stream13

Mar 24, 2014
Okay, thank you .. and I didn't tweak it, it just simply stopped working.

the only why you could fix it is using a jtag and finding the firmware online for your specific device and using that to write the Firmware back onto your device. but that can cost lots of moola $

find a toolkit and the necessary firmware files to flash it on your own.

Where can I find/buy this thing called jtag? Or is it simply the same thing as "jig"? If not, How much would it cost?

Since I bought two of them, I have another T710 mobile (same manufacturer) working with me. I'm kinda scared for it too, should I use CWM or something and back it up right now?

Back to the topic, the working mobile has MTK6515 (as opposed to MTK6517 that the damaged one has), can I still backup/extract the image of one to use in the damaged Android phone?

Thank you ...

Last edited:

stream13

Mar 24, 2014
So, i was inserting and ejecting this device back and forth, and this time, the device decided to show up in the Device Manager, At 1st, it showed up in the Other Devices, then under the "USB Controllers" as "Unknown Device":

http:\\i.share.pho.to/80f316eb_o.png

It was still not showing up in the MTK Droid Tools, although i had installed already MTK65xx drivers. Then i installed the SpreadTrum Phone Driver, and after connecting the device, i pressed Power + Volume [+] button, and it showed up under USB Controllers as "SPRD COM Enumerator".

http:\\i.share.pho.to/3001fb77_o.png

At first, it said "The device is working properly":

http:\\i.share.pho.to/1ad975d3_o.png

And then it refreshed again and said "The device cannot start":

http:\\i.share.pho.to/dd9ee409_o.png

So this means my phone is SpreadTrum phone so maybe that's why it did not show up in MTK Droid Tools?

Which Programs are available to backup and flash Spreadtrum phones?

Thank you. .....

EDIT: I pressed the Power button in my other t710 phone, and it also does the same blinking as the damaged one does. So that means the phone was, i guess, testing if it's "on" and should display or something, and since it has no contents or has, as a member pointed out, a damaged firmware, it's not working properly..

Last edited:

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle

Where can I find/buy this thing called jtag? Or is it simply the same thing as "jig"? If not, How much would it cost?

Since I bought two of them, I have another T710 mobile (same manufacturer) working with me. I'm kinda scared for it too, should I use CWM or something and back it up right now?

Back to the topic, the working mobile has MTK6515 (as opposed to MTK6517 that the damaged one has), can I still backup/extract the image of one to use in the damaged Android phone?

Thank you ...

a Usb jig and a JTag/Riff box are a little different. usb jigs are used for only samsung to force the device into download mode, otherwise known as a easy way to get into download mode. the Jtag and riff box's attach pins to Certain parts of a phone or another device and it Write firmware onto that device since its corrupt or does not want to turn on. these can cost up from $100-200, i would just get another phone my friend :(.

stream13

Mar 24, 2014
So, although it shows under Device Manager, I'm already screwed with this device? Can I not flash it by using a Computer?
Thank you ..

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
So, although it shows under Device Manager, I'm already screwed with this device? Can I not flash it by using a Computer?
Thank you ..

Nope, from what i understand when a device is hard bricked or you have nothing showing, the OS is corrupt and that means the USB drivers are Screwed up so it wont recognize your device.

stream13

Mar 24, 2014
Hmm ... I have flashed it a couple of times, and it's not starting because I don't have the right ROM :( It gives the usual short vibration when I press power button to start it. The screen is not displaying anything, as expected. and there is no light.

The device is SpreadTrum and the screen size is 4.3 inch, the roms I downloaded either seem to be that for 3.5 inch or 5 inch :(

1. Is there something like Custom Barebone ROM which will "work on any device"? OR at least compatible ROM?

[ I purchased the phone for 5860, "repairing" it will cost me 1500 :( So I'm trying to not go to the repair shop. ]

--------------------------------------------

2. I rooted my working phone with vroot, and used adb to backup the images, the total size is 309 MB, trying to flash it in my device, it's giving me "Failed: Download size is over it's partition" error or "Failed: Operation Failed" error.

Regardless of which FDL.bin file I use, my PAC always gives errors. And those that I download from the web flash fine.

(I'm using ResearchDownload -> Packet option, it makes the PAC file, but the flashing process always results in errors.)

Is there some proper Guide to make the PAC file?

Thanks ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4. Back to State 1

Thanks ....

i don't think this is your fault, its just the faulty Chinese firmware is terribly developed and half of the time this happens to all Chinese phones. they decide not to work anymore or the usb drivers decide to not like your computer anymore. if there is not life from the device (no boot, no recovery) then its hard bricked. the only why you could fix it is using a jtag and finding the firmware online for your specific device and using that to write the Firmware back onto your device. but that can cost lots of moola $.

4. Back to State 1

Thanks ....

Sounds like a hard brick to me, too. Since you didn't "tweak" the phone in any way, it's not your fault. You can do only 2 things: either go to another service shop and ask for repair, or find a toolkit and the necessary firmware files to flash it on your own. From what you're describing, it seems like the firmware is all messed up.

Thank you ...

a Usb jig and a JTag/Riff box are a little different. usb jigs are used for only samsung to force the device into download mode, otherwise known as a easy way to get into download mode. the Jtag and riff box's attach pins to Certain parts of a phone or another device and it Write firmware onto that device since its corrupt or does not want to turn on. these can cost up from $100-200, i would just get another phone my friend :(.
    Thank you ..

Nope, from what i understand when a device is hard bricked or you have nothing showing, the OS is corrupt and that means the USB drivers are Screwed up so it wont recognize your device.