Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help me with my bricked Xperia mini pro

Tip us?
 
yoorax98
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [Q] Help me with my bricked Xperia mini pro

I need help.
Yesterday, my little brother pulled the battery of my Xperia Mini Pro (SK17a) while this was factory reset.
Right now, my phone is not been able to turn on. Just stays a long time after the SonyEricsson logo for a few hours. (sometimes fails to start, but only see the notification bar with the time. No menu or anything, everything is in black)

Try to flash it in a thousand ways and I realized I didnīt enter the recovery mode ( turning on pressing a combination of buttons ... I already tried about 13 or 14 with the physical and the tactile buttons next to the button to turn on the phone) but the only thing that I thought would serve not served. The only different answer is when I connect the usb cable to pc to flash it (by pressing the VOLUME- but is useless.

PS: Before I had already rooted and flashed the terminal correctly, but wanted to go back to reset. I've tried everything, but no response. Just not detected by my pc.

(Sorry for the english. This is not my language)

Greetings from Chile!!! ;D
 
Urosz
Old
#2  
Urosz's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 20
Join Date: Feb 2014
Fix with pc companion go update softwer then repair my phone and folow steps

Sent from my ST15i using xda app-developers app
 
Dhilip7581
Old
#3  
Dhilip7581's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Tats the Best Way to get back phone normal.. :thumbup:

Sony Xperia J X(
 
gvdev
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default bricked too

Hi,
I had the stock Ice Cream kernel .587 and installed the CWM to flash the Zelly Cream 6.0_Rejuvenated 12.03.14
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...+boot&page=329
ROM.

My xperia mini was rooted but the bootloader was locked.
The installation of the ROM looked ok but at the first boot it stacked for more than half hour one the SONY logo boot screen.
It doesn't turn off. I removed the battery, and turned it on but it stucks on the same SONY logo boot screen.
I think i can't use flashtool as the bootloader is locked... what can I do? Is there another tool to flash the official ROM or my buck up from CWM?
 
Pixelado
Old
#5  
Pixelado's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 268
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvdev View Post
Hi,
I had the stock Ice Cream kernel .587 and installed the CWM to flash the Zelly Cream 6.0_Rejuvenated 12.03.14
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...+boot&page=329
ROM.

My xperia mini was rooted but the bootloader was locked.
The installation of the ROM looked ok but at the first boot it stacked for more than half hour one the SONY logo boot screen.
It doesn't turn off. I removed the battery, and turned it on but it stucks on the same SONY logo boot screen.
I think i can't use flashtool as the bootloader is locked... what can I do? Is there another tool to flash the official ROM or my buck up from CWM?
Did you wipe everything the dev told you to? You should be able to boot into android that way. If that fails, flashtool is your friend. Restoring a nandroid backup should do the trick.
CyanogenMod-loving Xperia Mini Pro user.
 
gvdev
Old
(Last edited by gvdev; 26th March 2014 at 07:33 AM.)
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelado View Post
Did you wipe everything the dev told you to? You should be able to boot into android that way. If that fails, flashtool is your friend. Restoring a nandroid backup should do the trick.
No I didn't wipe anything... What does wipe mean ? Delete? From SD? From internal storage?
I cann't enter on the intrnal storage, my PC doesnot recognise my phone (it was being recognised before the flashing).

.... Ok I'll try flash tool (you mean the Sony's flashtool)?
 
mihahn
Old
#7  
mihahn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2169
Posts: 3,206
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvdev View Post
No I didn't wipe anything... What does wipe mean ? Delete? From SD? From internal storage?.... Ok I'll try flash tool.
Use flashtool to flash back the stock rom and it'll work again

Yes, there are wipes to do in cwm like doing a factory reset / wiping cache / sometimes you have to wipe the system too. Read and follow the instructions in the rom thread and you should be fine

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4


Devices/Links/Information:
 

Device:Google Nexus 4 8gb
ROM:Stock Android 4.4.2 [KOT49H]

Device:Google Nexus 7 32gb
ROM:Stock Android 4.4.2 [KRT16O]

Device:Xperia Mini Pro SK17i
ROM: Super Jelly Bean 8.0
Kernel:nAa 2.6 [CWM]

Device:Raspberry Pi Model B
OS: Arch Linux

For a Rooting Guide for xperia 2011 devices, click me! | To unlock the Bootloader, click me! | How to install a custom kernel/rom? Click me | Super Jelly Bean 8.0 for xperia mdpi
The Following User Says Thank You to mihahn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gvdev
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihahn View Post
Use flashtool to flash back the stock rom and it'll work again

Yes, there are wipes to do in cwm like doing a factory reset / wiping cache / sometimes you have to wipe the system too. Read and follow the instructions in the rom thread and you should be fine

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4

Ok I managed to flash the stock ROM,
I'll try to reinstall the modded ROM how can I wipe everything that is needed?
Should the wipping be performed before ROM's installation or afterwards?
Thank you for your support!
 
mihahn
Old
#9  
mihahn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2169
Posts: 3,206
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvdev View Post
Ok I managed to flash the stock ROM,
I'll try to reinstall the modded ROM how can I wipe everything that is needed?
Should the wipping be performed before ROM's installation or afterwards?
Thank you for your support!
Wipe it in cwm before you install the rom. But all these instructions should be given in the rom thread, check it out

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4


Devices/Links/Information:
 

Device:Google Nexus 4 8gb
ROM:Stock Android 4.4.2 [KOT49H]

Device:Google Nexus 7 32gb
ROM:Stock Android 4.4.2 [KRT16O]

Device:Xperia Mini Pro SK17i
ROM: Super Jelly Bean 8.0
Kernel:nAa 2.6 [CWM]

Device:Raspberry Pi Model B
OS: Arch Linux

For a Rooting Guide for xperia 2011 devices, click me! | To unlock the Bootloader, click me! | How to install a custom kernel/rom? Click me | Super Jelly Bean 8.0 for xperia mdpi

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes