Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,966 Members 41,448 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] accidently flash wrong BL file...

Tip us?
 
corean0213
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: los angeles
Default [Q] accidently flash wrong BL file...

i have verizon galaxy note 2 and jailbreak bootloader and flashed DN3 rom.
and i had no time to fix wifi so i went out and came back really late..my computer was off
so i just re-search on google and i just put dn3 and went in the first one...which is for GT-N7100....
and i just scroll down without checking...click the wifi fix thread for GT-N7100..and i also scroll down without checkin..
and i follow those steps....dang alcohol make me blind.. i didnt even check the file name...after i finish that..boot it up
in front of me my VZW galaxy note2 show me "SAMSUNG GT-N7100".....
so i fricked out i try to flashed STOCK I605 rom..odin give FAIL message....tried 66root VZW stock rom...again odin give me FAIL message..
and after that on the screen.... phone- -yellow triangle with exclamation mark - - computer with Firmware upgrade encountered an issue.please select recover mode in kies & try again...

what do i have to do now..
 
lacoursiere18
Old
#2  
lacoursiere18's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3694
Posts: 2,731
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boca Raton

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by corean0213 View Post
i have verizon galaxy note 2 and jailbreak bootloader and flashed DN3 rom.
and i had no time to fix wifi so i went out and came back really late..my computer was off
so i just re-search on google and i just put dn3 and went in the first one...which is for GT-N7100....
and i just scroll down without checking...click the wifi fix thread for GT-N7100..and i also scroll down without checkin..
and i follow those steps....dang alcohol make me blind.. i didnt even check the file name...after i finish that..boot it up
in front of me my VZW galaxy note2 show me "SAMSUNG GT-N7100".....
so i fricked out i try to flashed STOCK I605 rom..odin give FAIL message....tried 66root VZW stock rom...again odin give me FAIL message..
and after that on the screen.... phone- -yellow triangle with exclamation mark - - computer with Firmware upgrade encountered an issue.please select recover mode in kies & try again...

what do i have to do now..
Where is Odin giving you a fail message after? You are still able to get into recovery? If so just flash another ROM for Verizon.. Let me know.. Don't freak out though this is not a big deal

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you
 
corean0213
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: los angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
Where is Odin giving you a fail message after? You are still able to get into recovery? If so just flash another ROM for Verizon.. Let me know.. Don't freak out though this is not a big deal

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
i forgot to take a picture that message....and dont remember..
i can not get into recovery..only download mode...
so what i tried i extract n7100 file that i flash into my bootload and check what kind of file is in, and than i extract ROM file to get same kind of file..
and i looking around how to make .tar.md5 and done.
so i flash this file into my phone's on download mode.. i saw download gauge getting up and i thought i found out the way to fix..BUT gauge go up near to max and just stop there and does not move.. even odin dont show me any FAIL or ERROR message it just stop and im pretty sure it stop on sboot.bin section.
 
lacoursiere18
Old
#4  
lacoursiere18's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3694
Posts: 2,731
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boca Raton

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by corean0213 View Post
i forgot to take a picture that message....and dont remember..
i can not get into recovery..only download mode...
so what i tried i extract n7100 file that i flash into my bootload and check what kind of file is in, and than i extract ROM file to get same kind of file..
and i looking around how to make .tar.md5 and done.
so i flash this file into my phone's on download mode.. i saw download gauge getting up and i thought i found out the way to fix..BUT gauge go up near to max and just stop there and does not move.. even odin dont show me any FAIL or ERROR message it just stop and im pretty sure it stop on sboot.bin section.
You need to go to droidstyle 's thread and download a Odin file with bootloader in it..Also pit file.. flash them through Odin and you should be good

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you
 
corean0213
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: los angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
You need to go to droidstyle 's thread and download a Odin file with bootloader in it..Also pit file.. flash them through Odin and you should be good

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

are you talking about this one?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2043636
 
lacoursiere18
Old
#6  
lacoursiere18's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3694
Posts: 2,731
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boca Raton

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by corean0213 View Post
Negative..This would be the one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2024207
you probably want to use the RAMC3

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you
 
corean0213
Old
(Last edited by corean0213; 28th March 2014 at 02:30 AM.) Reason: forgot to attached file
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: los angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
Negative..This would be the one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2024207
you probably want to use the RAMC3
i tried to do that with pit file.. but doesnt work wirh
these message...
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I605VRAMC3_I605VZWAMC3_1098177_REV04_use r_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> boot.img
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> system.img
<ID:0/005> FAIL!
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

and i attached 2 picture that on my phone
if you take a look one in odin mode ( download mode )
says:
PRODUCT NAME: GT-N7100
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD : YES (9 COUNT) this number keep getting up when i flash VZW stock rom...
CURRENT BINARY : CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS : CUSTOM
WARRANTY BIT : 0
AND
another picture is when power on this shows and not going further...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140327_181529.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	2654505   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140327_132336.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	2654506  
 
roflcoptersoisoi
Old
(Last edited by roflcoptersoisoi; 28th March 2014 at 11:08 AM.)
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 65
Join Date: Mar 2014
You messed up hard core. You have to do kabols unbrick method bro or that phones a paper weight.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk



http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2615587 here is the link. Good luck. Your gonna need it. That resistor is so small. Your only other option other than that is a 50 dollar jtag done by mobiletech

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
 
corean0213
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: los angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflcoptersoisoi View Post
You messed up hard core. You have to do kabols unbrick method bro or that phones a paper weight.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk



http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2615587 here is the link. Good luck. Your gonna need it. That resistor is so small. Your only other option other than that is a 50 dollar jtag done by mobiletech

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
even i could enter download mode its hard brick?:c rying:
 
roflcoptersoisoi
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 65
Join Date: Mar 2014
Pretty much.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes