FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Does anyone know if the devs will be able to add beats to the custom roms ?

27th March 2014, 09:56 AM |#1  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Does anyone know if the devs will be able to add beats to the custom roms ? Or would they not be allowed to use it due to copyright crap ? Unless they make it a flashable zip and just list its for a new htc one not listing m7 or m8 ?
 
 
27th March 2014, 12:44 PM |#2  
GermanGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford

Does anyone know if the devs will be able to add beats to the custom roms ? Or would they not be allowed to use it due to copyright crap ? Unless they make it a flashable zip and just list its for a new htc one not listing m7 or m8 ?

Beats is just an equalizer setting. There are already a bunch of options for that. Beats is a complete marketing gimmick.
The Following User Says Thank You to GermanGuy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 12:53 PM |#3  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGuy

Beats is just an equalizer setting. There are already a bunch of options for that. Beats is a complete marketing gimmick.

What ever it is it makes the old m7 sound really good, and from the sneak video the m7 which has beats sounds way better than the new m8 which does not come with beats since HTC sold off their shares of beats.
27th March 2014, 01:38 PM |#4  
GermanGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford

What ever it is it makes the old m7 sound really good, and from the sneak video the m7 which has beats sounds way better than the new m8 which does not come with beats since HTC sold off their shares of beats.

PowerAmp is a nice music app with great equalizer options.
27th March 2014, 04:55 PM |#5  
jsho31's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plano, Texas
Thanks Meter: 88
 
Donate to Me
More
Viper4android is way better than Beats

Sent from my Moto X using xda app-developers app
27th March 2014, 11:28 PM |#6  
GhastlyTT's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag OKC
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho31

Viper4android is way better than Beats

Sent from my Moto X using xda app-developers app

Agreed... Had beats turned off on my m7

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
28th March 2014, 09:05 PM |#7  
americasteam's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bowling Green, KY
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
Anything Beats is horrible. Just jack up the eq settings until major distortion and you have BEATS!
29th March 2014, 09:05 PM |#8  
adiliyo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 234
 
More
they still have an eq setting in the m8, just not called beats.

the phone sounds pretty great imo

but beats being an eq setting, i'm sure it can be baked into a rom if desired
31st March 2014, 08:59 AM |#9  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiliyo

they still have an eq setting in the m8, just not called beats.

the phone sounds pretty great imo

but beats being an eq setting, i'm sure it can be baked into a rom if desired

I just think the beats sounded really good on my m7 and the m8 from what I have heard does not sound as good. I guess I wont know until I actually get my m8 if freakin best buy ever decides to ship mine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes