5,594,221 Members 45,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Automatically enable/disable 3g data connection on dual sim phone

Tip us?
 
megogliak
Old
#1  
megogliak's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Automatically enable/disable 3g data connection on dual sim phone

Hi,

principally to save battery charge, i need to find an application or a method that automatically shut down data connection when i lock the screen and resume it when i unlock the screen.

I've tried many of the most popular software that do this, but, with dual sim phone, they are able to shut down data connection but not to startup.

Please can you help me?
Thank you.
Bye
 
Shojimeguro
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2013
try using GO Power Saver
 
megogliak
Old
#3  
megogliak's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shojimeguro View Post
try using GO Power Saver
Shojimeguro, thank you. Did you mean "GO Battery Saver &Power Widget" ?
 
megogliak
Old
#4  
megogliak's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by megogliak View Post
Shojimeguro, thank you. Did you mean "GO Battery Saver &Power Widget" ?
Anyway "GO Battery Saver &Power Widget" doesn't work.
 
megogliak
Old
#5  
megogliak's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2013
Please, any other suggestions?
 
prinsvlad
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 25
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Almelo [ OV }
Quote:
Originally Posted by megogliak View Post
Please, any other suggestions?

Hey ,

So far i have tried almost every app from Google Play and same conclusion is that none of the apps does the job properly , meaning turning off :yes , but turning on : NO i also have a dual sim phone
 
hnkotnis
Old
#7  
hnkotnis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 335
Posts: 895
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by megogliak View Post
Hi,

principally to save battery charge, i need to find an application or a method that automatically shut down data connection when i lock the screen and resume it when i unlock the screen.

I've tried many of the most popular software that do this, but, with dual sim phone, they are able to shut down data connection but not to startup.

Please can you help me?
Thank you.
Bye
Have you tried Tasker?

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands
 
megogliak
Old
#8  
megogliak's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnkotnis View Post
Have you tried Tasker?

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands
hnkotnis, I've never tried Tasker . Thank you for suggestions. I'll try it. Bye
 
prinsvlad
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 25
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Almelo [ OV }
Quote:
Originally Posted by megogliak View Post
hnkotnis, I've never tried Tasker . Thank you for suggestions. I'll try it. Bye
This works for me with SIM in slot #1 : Install Xposed framework and gravitybox http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2316070

Follow the instructions carefully to install Xposed and Gravitybox on your device.

Then go to Gravitybox settings > phone tweaks > Smart radio > turn ON > Normal network GSM/WCDMA Auto (2G/3G) > Power saving GSM (2G) > Network mode change delay 5s > When screen turns off : tick > delayed powersave 5m or higher [ 0 doen's t work for me ] >Ignore while locked NOT ticked.


Have tried many many apps but only this one works , dunno about battery time yet , still testing
 
joaormf
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinsvlad View Post
This works for me with SIM in slot #1 : Install Xposed framework and gravitybox http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2316070

Follow the instructions carefully to install Xposed and Gravitybox on your device.

Then go to Gravitybox settings > phone tweaks > Smart radio > turn ON > Normal network GSM/WCDMA Auto (2G/3G) > Power saving GSM (2G) > Network mode change delay 5s > When screen turns off : tick > delayed powersave 5m or higher [ 0 doen's t work for me ] >Ignore while locked NOT ticked.


Have tried many many apps but only this one works , dunno about battery time yet , still testing
I have developed a tasker plugin specific to dual sim phones with mediatek chips.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rmf.mtkcontrol

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...