how to root samsung galaxy grand 2 sm-g7102 (pre rooted link Added on 1st Page)

Search This thread

inamie

Aug 16, 2012
KLang
I think we have to be patient, Grand 2 like Galaxy Nexus, maybe someone could make UNLOCK BOOTLOADER, like BootUnlocker for Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy Nexus Toolkit for Windows

My Grand 2 in Indonesia still unroot, because pre root have diferent country region :)
Should be no problem to flash B3.. since it has same changelog with B2.. you need to flash B2 csc..

Sent from my SM-G7102 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: cyb3rsaint

cyb3rsaint

Jan 5, 2012
Should be no problem to flash B3.. since it has same changelog with B2.. you need to flash B2 csc..

Thanks for your sugestion Inamie, I'm using FULL STOCK DEODEXED B3 ROM ..... this ROM is what I'm looking for
and thanks to Balliboxer.
What I'm missing is Indonesian language ..... but no problem for me :)

Attachments

• Root.jpg
    Root.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 172

inamie

Aug 16, 2012
KLang
Flash b2 csc and you get your own language.. compile cache.img.ext4 with tarmd5packager.. you must delete folder csc, vodb, sipdb on phone.. then flash thru pda tab to avoid reset or losing data..

Attachments

• 1395966189674.jpg
    1395966189674.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Reactions: cyb3rsaint

cyb3rsaint

Jan 5, 2012
Flash b2 csc and you get your own language.. compile cache.img.ext4 with tarmd5packager.. you must delete folder csc, vodb, sipdb on phone.. then flash thru pda tab to avoid reset or losing data..

Thanks ..... no problem for me coz, my own languange sometimes made me confused, I like English (US) for my phone :laugh:
WiFi, GSM/3G/H+, Network, GPS, BlueTooth = working :good:

jeetujaan

Sep 24, 2013
Can anyone tell me how to get ota updates if my grand rooted

jeetujaan

Sep 24, 2013
Cf root not working in latest update India. ...error getting setting has been stopped....

pricelesspegasus

Dec 13, 2012
Karachi
rom installation problem

my fone details are
baseband: xxuaml5
build no: xxuanb2

problem is when i go into download mode i c WRITE PROTECTION ENABLED
should i carry on with the odin flashing of the balli rooted rom or not

pricelesspegasus

Dec 13, 2012
Karachi
plz help

Thanks for your sugestion Inamie, I'm using FULL STOCK DEODEXED B3 ROM ..... this ROM is what I'm looking for
and thanks to Balliboxer.
What I'm missing is Indonesian language ..... but no problem for me :)

my fone details are

should i carry on with the odin flashing of the balli rooted rom or not. last time i tried to flash my s4 when it gave similar write protection mesage and ended up ruining my device..
so plz help

cyb3rsaint

Jan 5, 2012
my fone details are

should i carry on with the odin flashing of the balli rooted rom or not. last time i tried to flash my s4 when it gave similar write protection mesage and ended up ruining my device..
so plz help

No problem for my Grand2, as long we have the same type G7102 :)
Many times I was flashing Galaxy GIO, Galaxy Nexus, GTab2 from different country, dont forget to factory reset/format cache in recovery after flashing

nishangrg

Dec 8, 2012
pokhara
www.facebook.com
Flashed with chainfire to root my galaxy grand 2 SM-7102 but got soft brick. What the think is happening? everyone got access to root but i failed..
my device
Baseband Version : G7102DDUAML3
Build Number : JLS36C.G7102XXUAND1

is there anything that can be done to root my device except flashing with a rooted firmware???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    look,
    there isnt much easy way(for this phone) rather than flashing pre-rooted firmware...

as the Qualcomm is using SE technology (Security Enhanced)
    you may have noticed the option in the about phone menu at the bottom said: SE for Android status "permissive"
    this means that bootloader will permit the changes done by user but the changes must be reverted back to normal before restarting the phone...

suppose somehow we bypassed system and made changes
    the Factory service will start monitoring each and every thread and process...
    and it will make a log of it.

That log will be saved in kernel heap
    so if phone is restarted by you, it will compare the differences in boot and will result in either boot loop or softbrick (not hard brick)

press thanks if this post helped you :)
    i really need to stop reading through these kinds of threads. reply once, someone will find your post, no need to keep posting again and again, this isnt live chat.

upload recovery.img from the odin tar, im not downloading a gig for a 16mb file.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!cAZgkaiJ!llOPPqII-x2kYq6ntJYWZikCtapJDkFxHIUx-lLPu7A here is stock recovery in an odin flashable tar for anyone that may need it.

here are two test CWM's, lets find out which one boots.
    Test 1 (default)
    Test 2

this post is for development purposes, if you dont know how to use odin dont ask. it would also be good if i had someone who knew how to use adb so that they can pull logs for me if needed. once its working well enough ill post a guide, but there is no need for people to clutter up the thread asking how to use this when we dont even know if it works.
    I have tried cooking Prerooted Firmware but it wasn't working..
    Also tried to install CWM via Odin :(
    Waiting for Balliboxer's Prerooted Firmware

Here we go into root CLICK HERE TO GET ROOT
    i bought grand 2 a day before. Soon will sync cwm with source and make a root soon

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk