[Q] PLEASE Answer this easy music command test on your phone

Search This thread

aldouse

Jul 14, 2010
Milpitas
Reactions: thenetvines

thenetvines

Nov 19, 2010
Mine just opened Google and sat there. Even though the song is in my playlist. So....it didn't work at all for me.

Damn, this is a deal breaker for me :(

It seems touchless controls are not really quite there yet... maybe I'll just wait for the X2.

I mean, who puts the speaker in the back of the phone to be muffled when we lay the phone face up? Come on Moto, that just defeats the purpose of an active display, and good audio for us audiophiles ( I realize their original goal didn't have the best speakers ever in mind).

D

Darth

From what I've read, and being in Canada myself.....the OK Google now, play such and such only works in the U.S. for some silly reason.

Never got it to work on my X.

Made a tasker app tho that I can start with voice commands and it plays all my music on random. Good enough I guess. ;)

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

thenetvines

Nov 19, 2010
From what I've read, and being in Canada myself.....the OK Google now, play such and such only works in the U.S. for some silly reason.

Never got it to work on my X.

Made a tasker app tho that I can start with voice commands and it plays all my music on random. Good enough I guess. ;)

This is a nice tip!!!

I think the "OK Google now... play -this song-" may also only apply to the "Google My Music" app, which would also be a deal breaker,s ince most people want to have their local music playlist played by other software like PowerAmp...

I think you mean the "tasker" app, that is a paid app on the store, if so, I wonder of it can play specific songs called on by commands...

Thanks for your time!

D

Darth

This is a nice tip!!!

I think the "OK Google now... play -this song-" may also only apply to the "Google My Music" app, which would also be a deal breaker,s ince most people want to have their local music playlist played by other software like PowerAmp...

I think you mean the "tasker" app, that is a paid app on the store, if so, I wonder of it can play specific songs called on by commands...

Thanks for your time!

I don't know a lot about tasker really....I never use it. I just followed what someone else did and used tasker app factory to make an app to shuffle my music with one click....and used touchless to open it.

I'm sure there's a way to make it play a specific song....but it may require a separate app for each song. LOL

An app could be made in tasker to skip to next song I'm sure.

Probably a lot of possibilities with tasker, but I'm a tasker noob myself. ;)

hawkjm73

Feb 16, 2009
Tasker is indeed a paid app, but is worth way more then it costs. Among other things, it can play a specific song by file name, or play an entire directory, random or not.
Also, many popular music players have plugins or intents that give tasker direct control.
The play store return policy is pretty limited for such an app, so Tasker's Dev has a one-week trial version on his website.

If you are rooted, there are a couple of different Xposed modules that help Touchless Controls work with Tasker. You can scavenge the commands as delivered to Google Now, or just have the trigger phrase notify Tasker and do your one voice recognition there.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: thenetvines

thenetvines

Nov 19, 2010
Damn it guys, why do you have to be so helpful?

Now I want to buy the X again to test all this out.

I'm a huge fan of Xposed, and new to tasker as well, so I want to check it all out now :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, please someone do this test, and let me know how long it takes to get to play a song in my playlist after saying "OK Google now...".

Based on this video, it takes such a long time, and I refuse to believe it's true:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9-HIQtgp4Q?t=4m54s

It's in minute 4 and 54 seconds.

mine actually loaded 2-3 seconds faster than whats on that video.....
    Mine just opened Google and sat there. Even though the song is in my playlist. So....it didn't work at all for me.
    Tasker is indeed a paid app, but is worth way more then it costs. Among other things, it can play a specific song by file name, or play an entire directory, random or not.
    Also, many popular music players have plugins or intents that give tasker direct control.
    The play store return policy is pretty limited for such an app, so Tasker's Dev has a one-week trial version on his website.

If you are rooted, there are a couple of different Xposed modules that help Touchless Controls work with Tasker. You can scavenge the commands as delivered to Google Now, or just have the trigger phrase notify Tasker and do your one voice recognition there.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app