Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 43,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can you help me validate this idea?

Tip us?

andretti1977
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Can you help me validate this idea?

Hi everybody, i would like to validate an idea which is not a mobile app but a service that could help mobile developers in promoting their apps...or at least i think it could!

So, this is the idea: i would like to create a promocodes service.

It would allow mobile apps (but even web apps) to call the service to verify promocodes validity so that developers can easily integrate the service within their apps, and have a gui to create and manage all the promocodes (with analytics about usage). I think this should help developers promoting their apps: dev could give promocodes away to blog reviewers or as a sort of bonus for another app or for other services to users.

I'm honestly asking your opinion about this idea and would like to know what do you think about it. I would be very gratefull to hear anybody's opinion, so please, post a reply and give me feedbacks!

Thanks in advance.

andretti1977
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Just to clarify: my idea is about a webapp which allows to create/generate custom promocodes, not to use the ones that is possible to require to Google for paid apps. I think this could be a useful service for developers.

As an example, you can create a free app where features and functionalities are unlocked using promocodes (suppose permanently using specific promocodes that you give to a blog reviewer for example so he can have a full app at no cost, or just temporary unlocked as a trial period for common users). When the user decide to buy the paid-version of the app, he can still buy the paid-version from the PlayStore or permanently unlock the free version, directly from the app using IAP apis.
I think that it could help engage more users, also in games apps where user buys virtual goods, because you could post special promocodes on blogs or somewhere else, to give them free goods so to let them be interested in having a look at your blog or somewhere else where you can drive a different way to promote your apps (tips and tricks, promote other apps and so on...).

Do you think it could be a useful service? Would you use it?

Please, leave me a feedback, even a short one but i'd really like to see what people thinks about it.

Thanks in advance