[Q] stock user - to upgrade or not to upgrade

OP tmak67

26th March 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Hello,

can anyone give me a simple answer (i am a stock user - i don't want to root or flash just to keep things simple and stock) should i go a head and accept the upgrades from Tmobile (usa) or not. When 4.3 came out there was a lot of stuff on the internet that this upgrade was messing up people's phones - is still the case? most of what i read here deals with people having problems with the upgrades and rooting or flashing rom but what if you are just a stock user - what is the latest feeling on these upgrades?

thanks
26th March 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

10 posts
Donate to Me
Info 2 T9 keyboard option lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmak67

Hello,

can anyone give me a simple answer (i am a stock user - i don't want to root or flash just to keep things simple and stock) should i go a head and accept the upgrades from Tmobile (usa) or not. When 4.3 came out there was a lot of stuff on the internet that this upgrade was messing up people's phones - is still the case? most of what i read here deals with people having problems with the upgrades and rooting or flashing rom but what if you are just a stock user - what is the latest feeling on these upgrades?

thanks

I have done a Google search and found out that the T9 keyboard option no longer exists after the update, if this is the case, you can always use a T9 keyboard in Google Play called Google Pinyin Input which includes a T9 option.
Last edited by MIUIAustralia; 26th March 2014 at 09:58 AM.
26th March 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,339

7,074 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would not update for any reason. There isn't something special with the last 4.3 update and this one. People did experience signal issues with both updates though. If it aien't broke don't fix it.

Sure there are discussions about certain vulnerabilities. Nothing that can be fixed by installing a couple of apps from the store.
27th March 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #4  
Flag El Paso
Thanks Meter: 6

101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71

I would not update for any reason. There isn't something special with the last 4.3 update and this one. People did experience signal issues with both updates though. If it aien't broke don't fix it.

Sure there are discussions about certain vulnerabilities. Nothing that can be fixed by installing a couple of apps from the store.

Not only that

We loose the benefit of custom ROM installation by the update of the baseband
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread