Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,238 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD Card Not Working

Tip us?

Spunkiest
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default SD Card Not Working

Hey,

I backed up my whole system via CWM to my SD card while I was trying a new ROM out. When I went to restore there were no back-ups found? I checked my phone memory as well as my SD card and found absolutely nothing. Thee is also another thing, when I move music to my SD card it won't play but when I move it to the internal memory it play fine?
Is my SD card faulty at all? Would a reformat sort it out?

Edit: Also when I take a picture, the picture will be unsupported format and I can't view it on my computer either?

dhudgson
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkiest View Post
Hey,

I backed up my whole system via CWM to my SD card while I was trying a new ROM out. When I went to restore there were no back-ups found? I checked my phone memory as well as my SD card and found absolutely nothing. Thee is also another thing, when I move music to my SD card it won't play but when I move it to the internal memory it play fine?
Is my SD card faulty at all? Would a reformat sort it out?

Edit: Also when I take a picture, the picture will be unsupported format and I can't view it on my computer either?
when you are in settings those it shows that the sd card is mounted? have you tried the sd card on a computer? if the info you had in the sd card doesn´t shows up then you should try formatting the card.

Spunkiest
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhudgson View Post
when you are in settings those it shows that the sd card is mounted? have you tried the sd card on a computer? if the info you had in the sd card doesn´t shows up then you should try formatting the card.

It did show the SD card was mounted and that it was fine. Whenever I put data on it (music, photos, apks etc etc) they would just either get deleted, corrupted or not work at all.....
I have reformatted my SD card and it is working fine for now...

lmisik001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
try using a different card, for example my note 2 did not accept 32 gigabytes SanDisk, I had to buy kingston 32gb class 10