Ask a question

No registration required

Audio output reviews and opinions

OP daddydark

27th March 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

51 posts
Im interested in your opinions of the audio output through earphones or headphones.
Post some reviews, personal reviews
Here is a review i found that goes in depth about the M8 audio abilities
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m8-review-1062p7.php.

I took some time listening with yamaha eph -100s and the amp is powerful, nice sound stage and very clean. I think it sounds better with boom sound off on some tracks.
Last edited by daddydark; 29th March 2014 at 06:13 AM. Reason: update
29th March 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

51 posts
Coming from the Lg g2 i am really impressed with the volume and quality of the audio output to earphones
29th March 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 112

485 posts
More
How loud is minimum volume?, I know the max is load but does that mean minimum volume is also high, I like listening to music quietly at night, is the base volume much higher than your other phones?
29th March 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

51 posts
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjsoo

How loud is minimum volume?, I know the max is load but does that mean minimum volume is also high, I like listening to music quietly at night, is the base volume much higher than your other phones?

It is pretty low, from my experience boom sound makes it a lot louder. It might be good to turn it off for night listening.
29th March 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cork,Amsterdam,Delft
Thanks Meter: 0

206 posts
More
With my original HTC One M7, one of the speakers was always just a tad louder than the other (same with 1 replacment and an in-shop model I tested).

Has anyone with an M8 encountered this?
29th March 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #6  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 69

265 posts
I often Played my one (m7) through my docking station via headphone to aux ... it was excellent sound. I tried the M8 today and had to turn down the bass and volume on my Dock. This is not a bad thing though, as the sound quality IMO is better. is has a deeper fuller sound to it. NO complaints from my end. This is just my opinion and hope it helps. The Docking station used is a Kickers iK500
29th March 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #7  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 224

745 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzeven

With my original HTC One M7, one of the speakers was always just a tad louder than the other (same with 1 replacment and an in-shop model I tested).

Has anyone with an M8 encountered this?

I have the m7, have the same ****ty problem, stops me from enjoying the amazing speakers.. Hopefully the m8 will be perfectly balanced..

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
30th March 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
car audio aux
running pandora, audio was clear through the car dock, boomsound EQ overwhelmed my systems bass capabilities with M7 settings on the bose head unit, had to adjust down the bass , if i had a dedicated sub and clipped the low levels to the 6x9's up front i dont think it would have even with max vol. after turning down the base level on the head unit it sounded as good or better than M7, or One-x w/beats EQ. no complaints over all just some re adjusting for the new EQ to match the car.

front speakers were loud and deep for their size, very impressed with their low level capabilities. the low volume was low enough for night listening both through head phones and int speakers.

my only question comes down to the head phones it came with, they sound good but feel like cheap plastic crap and are styled to look like fake beats by dre buds. why even include them in the box? i think its safe to say that if you are going to buy a flag ship device and care about head phones at all, you probably have a favorite pair of head phones already. just seamed pointless to cheapen the included equipment with BS ear buds...
30th March 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #9  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 824

3,602 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.wardell2

running pandora, audio was clear through the car dock, boomsound EQ overwhelmed my systems bass capabilities with M7 settings on the bose head unit, had to adjust down the bass , if i had a dedicated sub and clipped the low levels to the 6x9's up front i dont think it would have even with max vol. after turning down the base level on the head unit it sounded as good or better than M7, or One-x w/beats EQ. no complaints over all just some re adjusting for the new EQ to match the car.

front speakers were loud and deep for their size, very impressed with their low level capabilities. the low volume was low enough for night listening both through head phones and int speakers.

my only question comes down to the head phones it came with, they sound good but feel like cheap plastic crap and are styled to look like fake beats by dre buds. why even include them in the box? i think its safe to say that if you are going to buy a flag ship device and care about head phones at all, you probably have a favorite pair of head phones already. just seamed pointless to cheapen the included equipment with BS ear buds...

Judging by the fact that every review about the stock M7 & M8 buds have been met with nothing but praise seems to disagree with this comment. You'd be surprised how many people use the stock buds, and base their opinion on audio quality having used only the stock sets. It is a good thing in my opinion and I hope HTC continue to include headsets.
The Following User Says Thank You to Galactus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus

Judging by the fact that every review about the stock M7 & M8 buds have been met with nothing but praise seems to disagree with this comment. You'd be surprised how many people use the stock buds, and base their opinion on audio quality having used only the stock sets. It is a good thing in my
opinion and I hope HTC continue to include headsets.

I think most will agree that the m8 has great audio quality, but using the stock buds will no doubt greatly limit your ability to fully take advantage.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread