5,600,335 Members 35,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WIP][Kernel][3.0.31]+ jbx + working HDMI

Tip us?

crzayalex
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I tried, unfortunately it doesn't work. I flashed the updated kernel and still the same result. Mouse on the phone screen, the lapdock's screen doesn't display anything

Shobai
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzayalex View Post
I tried, unfortunately it doesn't work. I flashed the updated kernel and still the same result. Mouse on the phone screen, the lapdock's screen doesn't display anything
A shame! I'm dearly looking forward to this! The touchscreen on my original Droid 4 no longer works, but it's entirely useable with the Lapdock on stock ROM.

stargo
Old
Thanks Meter 447
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzayalex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobai View Post
A shame! I'm dearly looking forward to this! The touchscreen on my original Droid 4 no longer works, but it's entirely useable with the Lapdock on stock ROM.
can you please install syslog and send me the logs (kernel and main) shortly after plugging in the device to the lapdock when the mouse-pointer appears? I think the hardwarecomposer in userspace is not finding a useable resolution for you but it should at least log the decoded edid information.

Thanks & Regards,
Michael

crzayalex
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargo View Post
Hi,

can you please install syslog and send me the logs (kernel and main) shortly after plugging in the device to the lapdock when the mouse-pointer appears? I think the hardwarecomposer in userspace is not finding a useable resolution for you but it should at least log the decoded edid information.

Thanks & Regards,
Michael
Of course, I will do that when I have time. I will install the newest cm 11 nightly with the kernel and the PA gapps, unless there's another configuration that you think I should try instead.

Shobai
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargo View Post
Hi,

Thanks & Regards,
Michael
G'day Michael,

I'd love to, but I can't use SS because there don't seem to be key inputs for navigating =/ Do we have access to a recovery which uses keys as well as or instead of touch?

sm4rty
Old
Thanks Meter 3
does the kernel have loop support?
I want to try my laptock with archlinux but I cant get linux to work.
complete linux installer does nothing when clicking on "Start".

lucize
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm4rty View Post
does the kernel have loop support?
I want to try my laptock with archlinux but I cant get linux to work.
complete linux installer does nothing when clicking on "Start".
cat mapphone_mmi_defconfig | grep LOOP
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y