Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AOSP/CM APN Switching Issues

Tip us?

iainaaldrich
Old
(Last edited by iainaaldrich; 27th March 2014 at 07:03 PM.) Reason: forgot to add something
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default AOSP/CM APN Switching Issues

Has anyone been experiencing issues with the APN auto switching between 3g/LTE? For the past month or so every cm based or aosp rom I try has issues automatically going in and out of 3g and LTE areas unless I manually go into APN settings and switch it. Very annoying while traveling and last week there was the whole "roaming indicator off" message for service instead of "SPRINT". Any solutions or ROMs anyone know of that don't have this issue?

Edit: I'm using CM11 jflte on Philz recovery with the NAE modem. Maybe more success with MK2?

keithatoz
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I'm having the same issue since the cm-11-20140323-NIGHTLY, and I have to do the exact same thing. I have the MK2 modem so I wouldn't worry about switching modems.

iainaaldrich
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
haha, yeah. I tried it and same issues. Sad to say, but it looks like I'll be going back to a Touchwiz ROM for now at least.

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2,642
AOSPs have always been like this for me since epic touch and the GS3.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

keithatoz
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I think I may have fixed my problem with a combination of two things. I am using CM11 and I'm not responsible if this breaks your phone. First, I did the enable MTU probing shown in this thread (all thanks and credit to Steppnasty):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2556590

But before rebooting after the fix, I went to Access Point Names in Settings, selected the Sprint LTE internet, and deleted the APN that just said Sprint (was the top one in my list). After a reboot, my LTE/3G switching has been working fine. Not sure if this will help anyone here, but it seems to have worked for me.

iainaaldrich
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Is this still an ongoing issue with all 4.4.2 ROM's? have since switched back to CM 10.2.1 until this issue gets resolved. Can't see how anyone could use a ROM that can't automatically switch between network types.