Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

[Q] My Note fell down.. no screen, no response..what to do?

OP noblejose

27th March 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3

27 posts
Donate to Me
More
My note (SM-P605) fell down from a table to floor (around 4ft height only), just half an hour back
No visible marks/ scratch externally.
The tab was on when it fell.. and it was in a book case (a MOKO well made case). I just couldn't understand that it can't withstand such a small fall? even inside a good case?
i could see the tab screen when i picked it up - but the screen was kind of washed display the YELLOW tone was MISSING when i saw. I pressed power button to shutdown.. screen went blank and no response after that. Now sometimes when i press power button, the captive buttons are turning on and I could feel a bit of vibration.. and a ring (notification tone) - no screen.

How to do a force re-start.. as I can't pull the battery.

Help please
27th March 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangalore

27 posts
Donate to Me
More
update - I was able to connect via USB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblejose

My note (SM-P605) fell down from a table to floor (around 4ft height only), just half an hour back
No visible marks/ scratch externally.
The tab was on when it fell.. and it was in a book case (a MOKO well made case). I just couldn't understand that it can't withstand such a small fall? even inside a good case?
i could see the tab screen when i picked it up - but the screen was kind of washed display the YELLOW tone was MISSING when i saw. I pressed power button to shutdown.. screen went blank and no response after that. Now sometimes when i press power button, the captive buttons are turning on and I could feel a bit of vibration.. and a ring (notification tone) - no screen.

How to do a force re-start.. as I can't pull the battery.

Help please

Connected via USB, just copied all my data. now all hardware buttons responds. (incl vol keys).. so I guess the problem is with SCREEN now. Is there any way to check screen ? mirroring or so?
27th March 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #3  
That was unfortunate. My note fell from the roof of my suv while I was driving about 40mph. Remembered that it was on the roof, checked it and it was gone.
Drove back 2 miles and found it lying on the middle of the road.

Turned it on and still working. All four edges of the leather case is scratched like it rolled on the road.
27th March 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
You're not the first one to experience that..
Please read this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2685535

Same **** happened to my note too...

The company that deals with warranty received the tablet to day
Hope they repair it asap
28th March 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
Man, this would make a grown man cry. :'(
1st April 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangalore

27 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up update - device is back :) up and running :)
Thanks to: XDA - for this wonderful platform
Thanks to: dandeli21 and ch!no
Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2617614
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOzrRu8PB2Y
(slightly conflicting info on back cover removal, the video shows removal from front glass (so the back cover with steel painted sides will stay together) but the pictures in the above xda thread show to removing the back cover only (without the steel finished sides); I've followed the later.

My piece of tip: Since I didn't had a pry tool or any sophisticated tools for mobile repairing, I've used one of my old Credit Card! to use as a pry

Thank you all! and don't drop your tab! And for all those facing similar issues, give it a try! All the best!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
note 10.1 2014, note 10.1 2014 edition, note display is dead, tab fell down
Previous Thread Next Thread