[Q] Battery drain while screen is on?
Just a quick bit of background: I got this phone in early November and until about early March I could get 10+ hours of screen on time with 2 days of run time. Now my battery drains at about 20% an hour but only while the screen is on. Last night after about 16 hours off the charger the device was at 41% woke up 9 hours later and the device was 41%.
- I have factory reset three times and I've taken it completely back to stock once. Have used the root recalibration app multiple times.
- I have root and mainly use it for Aide and the Xposed Framework. Neither is installed after my most recent factory reset.
- I have uninstalled Google+, turned off Google Now, completely nuked location services, don't use Samsung apps, uninstalled Drive, never use maps, and always have GPS off.
- Apps I use when screen is on: Chrome, Newsstand, Play Music, and Calculator almost exclusively. Frequently use my phone to control YouTube on a Samsung bluray player. I have cast to upnp installed but it's set to disable on inactivity and I hardly use it or Play Music. Almost never use Plex or Splashtop.
- I have a Google and Amazon account. The Google account is set to sync using the default settings and always has been(I played around with the settings to no effect). I also just noticed I have a Verizon backup account that I've never setup? Seems strange.
- I've used titanium backup to freeze tons of unremoveable stuff, I've used Greenify on anything I don't want notifications from. Both from previous trials, not currently installed.
So my question is has anyone else noticed more battery drain than usual while using the device? Is there a (maybe) fix for it? Something stupid I may be missing? Is it already time for a new battery?(Seems ridiculous!)