Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 45,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Was AT&T TW 4.4.2 worth the wait and all the fuss?
Yes, 4.4.2 is significantly better. 2 50.00%
No, new but no real difference. 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

What are the differences between AT&T MK2 (4.3) & NB1 (4.4)?

Tip us?

numbR7
Old
(Last edited by numbR7; 22nd March 2014 at 03:03 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default VOTE!!

Hey guys--Thanks for the comments so far.

If you don't feel like commenting how 'bout voting? Names are not recorded in any way.
A vote kinda says it in a nutshell!

So far, basically we have these diffetences:

1. White status bar icons.
2. Camera shortcut on lockscreen
3. Restricted access to microSDCard in 4.4.2 (and we learned how to regain access)

Guedeaux
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbR7 View Post
Since @rebel1699 gave AT&T users a way to expirence 4.4.2 and still maintain some control, I've loaded a few 4.4.2 ROMs. With just a cusary glance I don't see or feel much difference. I was hoping folks sharper than I would discuss this so I (and hopefully others might learn a thing or two). I do know they added a dir system/priv-app to store some apks, but don't know why? Maybe this could be answered first and get the ball rolling. Discuss.
I am interested to learn this as well. For a casual user, it looks very similar.
The Following User Says Thank You to Guedeaux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

numbR7
Old
(Last edited by numbR7; 22nd March 2014 at 05:23 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
OK guys, let's get specific! If 4.4 is better than 4.3--why? If it's not--why? Come on, share! I really think we need to stop taking so-called uprades for granted! I've seen guys/gals almost in tears over losing their custom recovery (MK2) or access to their microSDCard (that btw, cost people their hard earned money). Remember what the commercial sez "knowledge is power!" I believe that is part of what xda was founded on--discovering and sharing knowledge. I know good people from around the globe have increased my knowledge and enriched my phoning experience (if "phoning"is a real word) Instead of just taking all the time, I'm trying to find away to help out however small. I have had the pleasure of communicating with all types of phone enthusiast and am better for it! Give a little--take a little--Discuss!

Oh yeah, as you can see from my signature I want to verbalize a shamless plug for Hyperdrive ROM v15--it's saved me so far during the "lock down." A hardy thanks to @sbreen94!
"“There are no absolutes,” they chatter, blanking out the fact that they are uttering an absolute."

--AYN RAND--

numbR7
Old
(Last edited by numbR7; 22nd March 2014 at 09:17 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guedeaux View Post
I am interested to learn this as well. For a casual user, it looks very similar.
If you enjoy the idea of owning your phone instead of it owning you, I encourage you continue reading everthing you can. Though there are a few people with poor communication skills-shall we say-the vast majority of the folks around here will help you learn and get the most out of that expensive rectangle you bought. Read one of those "everthing you need to know for noobs threads"--they are well done and will get you started out right. Enjoy my friend!

You will see a "1" on your thanks meter becuase I appreciate your showing interest--and in that way you have helped me!
"“There are no absolutes,” they chatter, blanking out the fact that they are uttering an absolute."

--AYN RAND--
The Following User Says Thank You to numbR7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Guedeaux
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Oh yeah, as you can see from my signature I want to verbalize a shamless plug for Hyperdrive ROM v15--it's saved me so far during the "lock down." A hardy thanks to @sbreen94!
Actually, one of the reasons I was interested in the update is because I can't get Hyperdrive to work properly. I don't want to derail this thread, but I posted in another thread with someone who was having similar issues with Hyperdrive. If you get a chance, and have a second, please check out this thread. I really love Hyperdrive, but if I can't get it to work, I am thinking about just unrooting and upgrading to kitkat (but I would rather use Hyperdrive). Thanks.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post51275339

numbR7
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Well phone fans--when your thread drops off "General" to "Q&A" page 1 then drops a page a day--your thread has been bitten! This thread is now a "walker!" The merciful thing is a crossbow to the head from Daryl Dixon. LOL!

Thanks to the folks who contributed. I learned few things and I hope others did as well. Off topic -- I even got a chance to actually help someone with a significant problem. So, thanks for that--it's nice to be the helper rather than the helpee for a change.

Well Daryl, don't miss -- "LOOSE!!!!

Dabreaker9
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
You will see a "1" on your thanks meter because I appreciate your showing interest--and in that way you have helped me!
But what if I already had 2 thanks and magically dropped to 1? Would my life be a lie?

numbR7
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabreaker9 View Post
But what if I already had 2 thanks and magically dropped to 1? Would my life be a lie?
A question for the ages! All I can say is "brood over it brother, brood over it..."

The Following User Says Thank You to numbR7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]