Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,588 Members 47,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kfhd 7 bootloop...

Tip us?

strykrmas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Kfhd 7 bootloop...

Hey guys im kinda new to this forum. i came here cuz im having a problem with installing a 2nd bootloader on my kfhd 7. i rolled back the version to 7.2.3 and then attempted to install twrp via cmd prompt and tru fireflash. both method resulted in a bootloop with no blue logo. it appears to me as if the processes corrupt the boot file thus causing the bootloop. i restored the kindle with KFHD SRT v1.3.0 and attempted these processes again. as we say in Trinidad and Tobago... FAILIAR (Fail-e-ah)...lol...any help would be appreciated...

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 605

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykrmas View Post
Hey guys im kinda new to this forum. i came here cuz im having a problem with installing a 2nd bootloader on my kfhd 7. i rolled back the version to 7.2.3 and then attempted to install twrp via cmd prompt and tru fireflash. both method resulted in a bootloop with no blue logo. it appears to me as if the processes corrupt the boot file thus causing the bootloop. i restored the kindle with KFHD SRT v1.3.0 and attempted these processes again. as we say in Trinidad and Tobago... FAILIAR (Fail-e-ah)...lol...any help would be appreciated...
interesting, i would assume with no redscreen that you either didn't apply the stack override or didn't flash the freedomboot image, or something else inbetween. It's always a good idea to check the md5sum's of the freedomboot, and recovery images, and espeically the bootloader, but i am not sure if you downgraded the bootloader or not yet, just because of the behavior your getting in the process. If fire flash doesn thave red warning text your fine.
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

strykrmas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hey thanks for your help... You were right I didn't apply the stack right... I got it now.... Running cm10.2. BTW where can I get themes for this os?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 605

DONATE TO ME
Google play market? That's where I see them. BTW I would use cm 11, its newer.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null