FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

PS3 Controller and Modern Combat 4

129 posts
Thanks Meter: 13
 
By lotus49, Senior Member on 4th January 2014, 11:06 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF_jMoLSYR0 shows someone connecting his PS3 controller to his Note using an OTG cable and playing MC4.

I use SixAxis on my S4 so I can connect to my PS3 controller using bluetooth and that works well but requires root, which, frustratingly, I don't have on my Note so I tried doing what the poster of the video did. Everything worked except for sprinting and this means I cannot even get to the first checkpoint.

I tried two different PS3 controllers with separate USB cables and separate OTG cables and exactly the same thing happened with both so I'm reasonably confident that this isn't a hardware issue (although neither OTG cable is an official Samsung one). Also, both controllers work perfectly on my S4 using SixAxis.

Has anyone else tried doing this and if so, what was your experience? The poster of the video clearly got sprinting working out of the box so I would love to know why this isn't working for me.
 
 
5th January 2014, 04:28 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Double tap the left stick up. Two times up fast, this is sprint.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to manoscello For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2014, 01:08 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Excellent, thank you. It may take me a while to get used to that after years of COD and pressing L3 to sprint but I don't believe there is any way to remap the buttons so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I have now realised that I don't know how to crouch either. I don't suppose you know how to do that as well do you?
5th January 2014, 03:53 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
You could go into the file that controls mapping for the past controller and try to edit it. I'd how your results would be thouugh

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th January 2014, 05:15 PM |#5  
DeBoX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus49

Excellent, thank you. It may take me a while to get used to that after years of COD and pressing L3 to sprint but I don't believe there is any way to remap the buttons so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I have now realised that I don't know how to crouch either. I don't suppose you know how to do that as well do you?

Actually a good point , are there any non root ways of remapping controls?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
5th January 2014, 06:59 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted

You could go into the file that controls mapping for the past controller and try to edit it. I'd how your results would be thouugh

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Which file is that? I wasn't aware that there was any way to re-map the controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBoX

Actually a good point , are there any non root ways of remapping controls?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

I would be pleased to find out that there are. I prefer playing wirelessly but I could live with using the OTG cable as long as I could get all the controls working somehow.
27th March 2014, 12:03 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Does anyone know if you can use the PS3 controller wireless ? or can it only be used with the USB OTG connection?
27th March 2014, 09:43 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiggZ

Does anyone know if you can use the PS3 controller wireless ? or can it only be used with the USB OTG connection?

I haven't tried it myself but I believe that the answer is yes as I said in the OP. The trouble is that you need root which, due to the stupid Knox fuse, I do not have on my Note.

I also have an S4 and a Xoom. On both of those my PS3 controller works really well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
modern combat 4, otg, ps3, sixaxis
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes