XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PS3 Controller and Modern Combat 4

Tip us?

lotus49
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default PS3 Controller and Modern Combat 4

This video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF_jMoLSYR0 shows someone connecting his PS3 controller to his Note using an OTG cable and playing MC4.

I use SixAxis on my S4 so I can connect to my PS3 controller using bluetooth and that works well but requires root, which, frustratingly, I don't have on my Note so I tried doing what the poster of the video did. Everything worked except for sprinting and this means I cannot even get to the first checkpoint.

I tried two different PS3 controllers with separate USB cables and separate OTG cables and exactly the same thing happened with both so I'm reasonably confident that this isn't a hardware issue (although neither OTG cable is an official Samsung one). Also, both controllers work perfectly on my S4 using SixAxis.

Has anyone else tried doing this and if so, what was your experience? The poster of the video clearly got sprinting working out of the box so I would love to know why this isn't working for me.

manoscello
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Double tap the left stick up. Two times up fast, this is sprint.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to manoscello For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lotus49
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Excellent, thank you. It may take me a while to get used to that after years of COD and pressing L3 to sprint but I don't believe there is any way to remap the buttons so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I have now realised that I don't know how to crouch either. I don't suppose you know how to do that as well do you?

Duly.noted
Old
Thanks Meter 83
You could go into the file that controls mapping for the past controller and try to edit it. I'd how your results would be thouugh

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DeBoX
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus49 View Post
Excellent, thank you. It may take me a while to get used to that after years of COD and pressing L3 to sprint but I don't believe there is any way to remap the buttons so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I have now realised that I don't know how to crouch either. I don't suppose you know how to do that as well do you?
Actually a good point , are there any non root ways of remapping controls?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

lotus49
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted View Post
You could go into the file that controls mapping for the past controller and try to edit it. I'd how your results would be thouugh

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Which file is that? I wasn't aware that there was any way to re-map the controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBoX View Post
Actually a good point , are there any non root ways of remapping controls?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
I would be pleased to find out that there are. I prefer playing wirelessly but I could live with using the OTG cable as long as I could get all the controls working somehow.

NiggZ
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Does anyone know if you can use the PS3 controller wireless ? or can it only be used with the USB OTG connection?

lotus49
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiggZ View Post
Does anyone know if you can use the PS3 controller wireless ? or can it only be used with the USB OTG connection?
I haven't tried it myself but I believe that the answer is yes as I said in the OP. The trouble is that you need root which, due to the stupid Knox fuse, I do not have on my Note.

I also have an S4 and a Xoom. On both of those my PS3 controller works really well.

Tags
modern combat 4, otg, ps3, sixaxis