No registration required

Swap motherboard 2 different S3 model

OP Just a nickname

25th March 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S III i747 [http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3-att]. I tried to repair it but the glue I used to previously repair the glass was too strong and the digitizer came with it... Trying to power it and all I see is green light a part of the screen and nothing but the phone vibrate on start-up. I think the motherboard is still good.

I looked for local classified for broken screen (or used S3) but so far I wasn`t able to grab one and some times the seller are asking very high price (120$) for a phone I risk to break. I was thinking just buying a working one in good condition but that`s 200$. The idea is to swap the motherboard and sell the motherboard un-used.

I decided to check on ebay There are a lot of cheap bad esn phone on ebay with excellent screen condition but these are sprint phones (SPH-L710).

I wonder if I could still swap the motherboard and have a roger i747 phone? That would be the cheapest and easiest option for me if that`s the case.
26th March 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Also, would the display work on the i747? After some research it was said some where that a T-mobile can accept a sprint display - would it be the case for a roger (ATT) S3?

It seems like it is possible to switch the mother board but I will need to also switch the antenna. The display exchange would probably be the easiest.
Last edited by Just a nickname; 26th March 2014 at 06:04 AM.
27th March 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
bump
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread