Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 50,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA issue

Tip us?

jmck273
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default OTA issue

Recently I was having issues with my phone so I flashed the stock firmware and rerooted my phone. I hit to accept the OTA update by accident, and now I'm stuck in CWM recovery. I looked at other threads and the koush driver is not working, and when I try PDAnet's it thinks my phone is HTC and will not let me change that. I also cannot go into download mode, whenever I try to it just goes back to CWM. So ADB isn't working, nor is download mode. If anyone else has had issue with this and can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

hiddenfive
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmck273 View Post
Recently I was having issues with my phone so I flashed the stock firmware and rerooted my phone. I hit to accept the OTA update by accident, and now I'm stuck in CWM recovery. I looked at other threads and the koush driver is not working, and when I try PDAnet's it thinks my phone is HTC and will not let me change that. I also cannot go into download mode, whenever I try to it just goes back to CWM. So ADB isn't working, nor is download mode. If anyone else has had issue with this and can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Do you still have any ROM files you can flash on your device? I had an issue just like this, and luckily I had a rom zip still laying around on my phone.

tatootie67
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenfive View Post
Do you still have any ROM files you can flash on your device? I had an issue just like this, and luckily I had a rom zip still laying around on my phone.
That won't work, he's probably stuck in a boot loop from taking the ota. There is a thread somewhere in xda that will help you out with this.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 1243
Use the lg flash tool. Its a sticky in one of the g2 forums. Just to double check, your phone was connected to your computer when you rebooted correct? I think you jeedbto hold volume button up as well to get into download mode.

Sent from my VS980 4G