Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,577 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bootloop with SS after flashing Goldeneye rom

Tip us?

selyb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Bootloop with SS after flashing Goldeneye rom

Right at this very moment, I don't have time to search much.

I have an AT&T SGH-I337. I successfully downgraded from NB1 to MK2, rooted, and installed SafeStrap. I had successfully booted to stock MK2 at this point.

I downloaded Deadly Venom Kitkat Magic Tool. I used SS to wipe all except external sd. Stock rom is active. Then queued 4 zips to install -> GE-SAFESTRAP-XXUFNBH-26.zip, GE-SLiM-F4ST-ADV-KK-26.zip, UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip, and AT&TNB1KernelModules.zip. I hit home -> reboot -> download. I used ODIN to flash AP, BL, and CP from Deadly Venom tool. I unchecked auto-reboot, flashed, hold power. Safestrap says 'Safestrap Disabled', then I get bootloop at the Samsung logo. Next I went back to download mode, tried to flash AP, BL, and CP again with auto-reboot enabled. Still stuck at Samsung logo.

Maribou
Old
Thanks Meter 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyb View Post
Right at this very moment, I don't have time to search much.

I have an AT&T SGH-I337. I successfully downgraded from NB1 to MK2, rooted, and installed SafeStrap. I had successfully booted to stock MK2 at this point.

I downloaded Deadly Venom Kitkat Magic Tool. I used SS to wipe all except external sd. Stock rom is active. Then queued 4 zips to install -> GE-SAFESTRAP-XXUFNBH-26.zip, GE-SLiM-F4ST-ADV-KK-26.zip, UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip, and AT&TNB1KernelModules.zip. I hit home -> reboot -> download. I used ODIN to flash AP, BL, and CP from Deadly Venom tool. I unchecked auto-reboot, flashed, hold power. Safestrap says 'Safestrap Disabled', then I get bootloop at the Samsung logo. Next I went back to download mode, tried to flash AP, BL, and CP again with auto-reboot enabled. Still stuck at Samsung logo.
GE-SLiM-F4ST-ADV-KK-26.zip? An add-on to Golden eye? If that's the case, try flashing it without that add-on.
Code:
Parable 1,595,277,641
Like the instar, tunneling to the surface\n
We must shed our own circumferences;\n
Find the divinity within and emerge.

qwer43
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maribou View Post
GE-SLiM-F4ST-ADV-KK-26.zip? An add-on to Golden eye? If that's the case, try flashing it without that add-on.

I also have Goldeneye 4.4.2 but flashed it without any addons, as per Goldeneye, the ROM needs to be installed first and setup before adding addons. Did that.

Now the issue now is how to flash just the Addons, since SS is already disabled and also fails to backup the new ROM.

thank you.

Maribou
Old
Thanks Meter 606
You are on the NB1 bootloader correct?
If that is the case all you need to do in order to flash the add-on is Odin the ap_mk2_normal.tar, flash the add-on, and then Odin back the NB1 files AP, BL, and CP.
Code:
Parable 1,595,277,641
Like the instar, tunneling to the surface\n
We must shed our own circumferences;\n
Find the divinity within and emerge.

selyb
Old
(Last edited by selyb; 28th March 2014 at 12:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Still stuck at bootloop.

I booted to download, flashed ap_mk2_normal.tar.md5 with auto reboot. Then I booted to safestrap, wiped all except external SD, flashed GE-SAFESTRAP-XXUFNBH-26.zip, UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip, and AT&TNB1KernelModules.zip in that order. Reboot back to download, flashed AP, BL, and CP from Deadly Venom tool with auto-reboot. Stuck again at Samsung logo.

Not sure if it's worth mentioning but I flashed the non-SafeStrap version of Goldeneye before now, realized my mistake, and started using the correct rom. Could it have flashed something that I need to revert?

Edit: I am current flashing the MK2 downgrade to try to boot so I can try to pick back up from a booting rom.

Edit2: Success! That must have been the problem.