5,596,354 Members 38,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Gear won't charge or turn on

Tip us?

vemon1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi had this issue also spent 3 hours trying to figure it out as had just got gear out of its box at very first plugging charger in a quick image appeared on screen then off after that nothing. Eventually being as carefully as possible while gear was in charging dock still plugged in i opened the lid not once did i move gear off contacts but did give sight wiggle then it came to life appears to me its a docking problem of some sort. of course I DON'T RECOMMEND opening lid while charging but thought id pass on what i figured out do at your own risk, I hope this helps others with this issue

g2cton
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfarley772 View Post
I found that if you take the Galaxy Gear apart and disconnect the power from the motherboard then plug back in and put the gear back together has got them to turn back on almost every time just give it a charge for a few minutes. This will fix it as long as the issue was not due to rooting to trying to put a custom ROM on the Gear. There is a few videos on YouTube that can help you take it apart.

- I work for Samsung experience shop and i have run into this issue often and just about every time this has fixed it.
- sorry for late response hope your back in the business with the Gear.

I was suffering from this issue for days.. Finally made it.. Thank you buddy... Now working like charm!