[Q] Recovery Mode (No command?)

28th March 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello people

I have a rooted LG G2 device and I wanted to download a custom ROM, and so I installed "Rom Manager" and installed the "Team Win" Recovery thingy. After that I wanted to go into recovery mode and used "Rom Manager" in order to do so but It showed up w/ a Green Android with a Red Triangle and said "No Command".... What does that mean and how can I fix it? Thanks Homies

Device Info:

LG G2 Verizon Variant
Android 4.2.2
Software Version: VS98012B
Model Number: VS980 4G
28th March 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Additional Details!!!
I think I may know what the problem is but Im not sure if it is....

I used the manual way in order to reboot into recovery mode for the LG G2 verizon variant but it somehow factory reset! (which is not a problem for me Phew)

Anyways if my android factory reseted instead of booting onto recovery mode... does that mean that my android does not have a custom recovery??

Just in case but can you guys also tell me how to download a custom recovery? b/c when I said that I downloaded a custom recovery (team win) I wasn't sure so I think that may be the problem Thanks once again
28th March 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,457

2,536 posts
More
That usually means that the recovery did not install properly, how about you try with freegee
Edit:freegee is available in the playstore
Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
28th March 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
FreeGee Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

That usually means that the recovery did not install properly, how about you try with freegee
Edit:freegee is available in the playstore
Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

Hi Thanks for the tip and I did download freegee and it is taking quite a while to download TWRP... does it usually take this long? its already been like 5-7 minutes. How do I know if it is done? and sorry for my impatience it is just that I find it odd for this to go for like 7 minutes
28th March 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,457

2,536 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodysoft

Hi Thanks for the tip and I did download freegee and it is taking quite a while to download TWRP... does it usually take this long? its already been like 5-7 minutes. How do I know if it is done? and sorry for my impatience it is just that I find it odd for this to go for like 7 minutes

well I've used it many times and its never taken more than 10 minutes to download and install
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread