Did you get charged Activation Fee?

Search This thread

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
They charged me $36.00 for Activation.

I am on Sprint SERO Premium but I don't think that makes a difference.

ahecht

Oct 23, 2010
Actually sometime during the day, Sprint lowered it to $199 on upgrade. Not sure what tempted them to do so, but we're not complaining.

Good to know. I have no way of checking now that my upgrade has been used.

Wish they had done this earlier so I didn't have to deal with 30 minutes on the phone and having to send in a rebate form (and paying an extra $3.50 in sales tax).

webdude12

Jun 22, 2007
I did not get charged an activation fee. Even called and double checked. But was told it was because Im on a corporate account and they do not get charged an activation fee on eligible upgrades. Coming from Evo 4G LTE

amelcher

Mar 1, 2009
Franklin
AAA discount

I just googled Sprint AAA discount and ordered it through their site, picked up an additional 10% discount on the bill and no activation fee charged at checkout...

phyba

Oct 26, 2008
I may have to jump ship. Verizon has buy one get one free with a $50 of coupon making it $140 for 2 brand new HTC ones m8s...currently using a note 3 so I'm still on the fence but considering I'd save $40 a month on service if I jump as well, I may just have to give up the note 3

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

exSD

Apr 6, 2009
glad i could help, i'm sure a few people did what we did and have no idea

Apparently they posted the wrong price @ 249.99. It was suppose to have an attached promo code for $50 pricing it down to $199.99 but it was poorly communicated. Thus on the night of the 25th the new $199.99 upgrade price was posted.

So if you call into customer care, tell them your situation and let them know that you need to talk to the order status department and they will credit you $50 + associated tax ($58.xx total for me) to your Sprint account (no charge back).

Thanks girl.

KMachine

Aug 3, 2010
$199 upgrade cost, Sprint SERO. Ordered on launch day/evening and being delivered tomorrow (Friday). $36 activation :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
Apparently they posted the wrong price @ 249.99. It was suppose to have an attached promo code for $50 pricing it down to $199.99 but it was poorly communicated. Thus on the night of the 25th the new $199.99 upgrade price was posted.

So if you call into customer care, tell them your situation and let them know that you need to talk to the order status department and they will credit you $50 + associated tax ($58.xx total for me) to your Sprint account (no charge back).

Thanks girl.

You have a 16% sales tax rate?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    funny thing did anyone initially get charged 249.99 to upgrade, i did and i had to get refunded 50 bucks