Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,810 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to root with Saferoot but SuperSU fails to disable KNOX

Tip us?

voigts
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
Once you got the # , then run the following:
mount -o remount,rw /system
rm /system/bin/su
mount -o remount,ro /system

After this open SuperSu app and see if you can update. If updated successfully then reboot your phone.
Many thanks. It worked! SuperSU updated just fine, and root checker shows root access. What did these commands actually do and what was the problem?

buhohitr
Old
(Last edited by buhohitr; 28th January 2014 at 01:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by voigts View Post
Many thanks. It worked! SuperSU updated just fine, and root checker shows root access. What did these commands actually do and what was the problem?
You have Superuser and SuperSu in your phone and the Superuser is the default one which root no longer working. So these commands basically remove the Superuser "su" executable file, which allowed your SuperSu to be updated and became a default root.

voigts
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
You have Superuser and SuperSu in your phone and the Superuser is the default one which root no longer working. So these commands basically remove the Superuser "su" executable file, which allowed your SuperSu to be updated and became a default root.
Makes sense. I get the concept. Thank you very much for your help. I Googled over and over and couldn't come up with an answer.

Garmandokel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Red face Using Saferoot with Knox disable

Quote:
I have gone to the Saferoot thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758 and am trying to root my S3 on the ML1 update. Everything in the install.bat runs fine, but when I get to the part where I need to open SuperSU and have it update binaries, I hit normal as instructed,KNOX is detected, and it fails to disable KNOX. No amount of searching is finding me an answer how to remedy this. I don't really care about trying 25 different ROMS or such, but just want root access again for Titanium Backup. Ideas?
I had tried the saferoot and it failed several times, until i installed kies 3 here's how finally was able to root my SCH-R530u Us cellular phone with JB 4.3:

downloaded saferoot & unzipped, then installed kies 3 & run it (make sure your phone is detected ok in kies) after kies opens & your phone is recognized open saferoot and run it. wait for the phone to restart, then go to play store and download supesu and install it or update it, then open supersu & it should ask to install binary. that should do it! Hope this helps

LYwaa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I've been trying to get this OTA 4.3 rooted with no success. I ran the saferoot install.bat, and after multiple tries, it finally managed to disable KNOX. I cannot however get SuperSU to update the binaries. I've run it a bunch of times. SuperSU managed to turn off Superuser citing a conflict, but simply fails at installation. I downloaded the 1.91 SuperSU update, and have tried multiple times to flash via stock recovery. After verifying update package comes up, it fails to verify update signature, ends, reboots, and doesn't install. I uninstalled SuperSU and tried to flash and it doesn't install.

I have Googled and Googled with no solutions.

I am also finding that this OTA isn't very stable. I am having intermittent weird issues like today my camera just wouldn't work for a while until reboot, and the phone has turned itself off a couple of times.
can you please tell me how did you manage to disable knox because i have the same exact problem tnx

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYwaa View Post
can you please tell me how did you manage to disable knox because i have the same exact problem tnx
I'd try to help but I know hardly anything about Knox. Try sending a PM to the person

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
VZW S3 - SOKP/MOAR
SGT2 7.0 - Mokee OS 4.4.2/SOKP