Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,883 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HTC One, Google Play Edition] (bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!

Tip us?
 
shaunbeyoung
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Brooklyn

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] [HTC One, Google Play Edition] (bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!

Hey, everyone:

I recently succesfully unlocked the bootloader and rooted an AT&T HTC One, but am now having trouble with an HTC One, Google Play Edition.

I'm not too sure if it's the same concept, but every time type ./fastboot oem get_indentifier_token, I receieve a (bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!! message. I've read it may have something to do with an outdated HBOOT?

Does anyone have any advice on getting this to work? Should I try from step one?

Thanks.
 
Klown80
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 293
Posts: 502
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Everywhere

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunbeyoung View Post
Hey, everyone:

I recently succesfully unlocked the bootloader and rooted an AT&T HTC One, but am now having trouble with an HTC One, Google Play Edition.

I'm not too sure if it's the same concept, but every time type ./fastboot oem get_indentifier_token, I receieve a (bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!! message. I've read it may have something to do with an outdated HBOOT?

Does anyone have any advice on getting this to work? Should I try from step one?

Thanks.
Try "fastboot oem unlock"

No need to submit token to HTC, this is a google edition phone

Hope this helps!
If someone has ever helped you, make sure you THANK that person with the thanks button.
Support your DEVELOPERS and HELPERS.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/7IfBNlLg
The Following User Says Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
shaunbeyoung
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Brooklyn

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown80 View Post
Try "fastboot oem unlock"

No need to submit token to HTC, this is a google edition phone

Hope this helps!
Thanks Klown for the response!

I tried your method and got this message in response:

(bootloader) [PG_ERROR] htc_pg_part_traverse(839):
(bootloader) invalid traverse range
(bootloader) [PG_ERROR] htc_pg_part_read(1029):
(bootloader) htc_pg_part_traverse failed
(bootloader) [DISPLAY_ERR] sp_custom partition: unlock_disp_buf.img_buf r
(bootloader) ead error!
(bootloader) [DISPLAY_ERR] Can not load custom splash!
(bootloader) Loading custom splash failed!

Advice? Thanks again, man.
 
shaunbeyoung
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Brooklyn

 
DONATE TO ME
Oh, and maybe I should also mention that I'm working from an Apple computer.
 
Klown80
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 293
Posts: 502
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Everywhere

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunbeyoung View Post
Oh, and maybe I should also mention that I'm working from an Apple computer.
Is it an actual original Google Edition or is it a converted?

If you boot into bootloader, what is your hboot version?
If someone has ever helped you, make sure you THANK that person with the thanks button.
Support your DEVELOPERS and HELPERS.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/7IfBNlLg
The Following User Says Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
shaunbeyoung
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 31
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Brooklyn

 
DONATE TO ME
It is the official Google Edition (purchased from the Google Play Devices shop online), and the HBOOT is 1.54.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more

aLogcat Returns Thanks to XDA Love

The developers of Android, that is Google, gave users several great debugging tools that can be used in … more