Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Kind of bricked my phone

OP Cyanotic

28th March 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
So here's what happened. I was planning on getting the M8 when it comes out on TMO. So I was returning my phone to stock, removing tampered flag and so on. After I did all of that I went to update my phone to 4.4.2 via the official update. However, during that process something happened and the update failed. I rebooted my phone and now it loads a pink, pixelated screen then goes to the HTC One loading screen then just freezes there (and the colors are off). I cannot boot my phone up completely. I can still push custom recoveries and my computer is making connect/disconnect sounds when I plug in my phone (if I do adb devices it says nothing is connected though). I'm s-off with hboot 1.56 and I was rooted. I can still boot into fastboot and my recovery and that's it. I do not have a backup that I can flash. I have also tried sideloading via twrp and that just fails.

I'm kind of just lost on what to do at this point. I have searched the forums and google and I haven't really found anything else that I can try at this point.
28th March 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
I was able to flash the firmware again. Now the pixelated screen is gone and the colors are right on the boot up screens.
28th March 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 517

1,427 posts
Same thing happened to me. Pixelated pink/purple splash screen and then boot "animation" had a blue Beats logo and then froze. I actually forget how I fixed it, but it may have involved manually flashing some firmware. At the time I searched around to see if anyone else had ever experienced this. Apparently I was not alone.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
28th March 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
I flashed the newest firmware and then unlocked my phone again and flashed twrp again.When I try to sideload it says nothing is attached to my computer. When I try to push a file I get an error saying no device is connected. When I try to flash it with adb commands I get the same thing as sideloading.
Last edited by Cyanotic; 28th March 2014 at 04:07 AM.
28th March 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #5  
Cologne
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
More
Did you install the HTC drivers on your computer?
28th March 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R34LY

Did you install the HTC drivers on your computer?

Yes.
28th March 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 517

1,427 posts
In my case, I had a working nandroid backup stored on the phone, so once I got into recovery, I just restored the nandroid and went on with my life. Not sure if that would work for you or if it's even an option for you. Or even if I remember it correctly. But "that's that my story and I'm sticking with it"..

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread