Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kind of bricked my phone

Tip us?

Cyanotic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kind of bricked my phone

So here's what happened. I was planning on getting the M8 when it comes out on TMO. So I was returning my phone to stock, removing tampered flag and so on. After I did all of that I went to update my phone to 4.4.2 via the official update. However, during that process something happened and the update failed. I rebooted my phone and now it loads a pink, pixelated screen then goes to the HTC One loading screen then just freezes there (and the colors are off). I cannot boot my phone up completely. I can still push custom recoveries and my computer is making connect/disconnect sounds when I plug in my phone (if I do adb devices it says nothing is connected though). I'm s-off with hboot 1.56 and I was rooted. I can still boot into fastboot and my recovery and that's it. I do not have a backup that I can flash. I have also tried sideloading via twrp and that just fails.

I'm kind of just lost on what to do at this point. I have searched the forums and google and I haven't really found anything else that I can try at this point.

Cyanotic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I was able to flash the firmware again. Now the pixelated screen is gone and the colors are right on the boot up screens.

NxNW
Old
Thanks Meter 517
Same thing happened to me. Pixelated pink/purple splash screen and then boot "animation" had a blue Beats logo and then froze. I actually forget how I fixed it, but it may have involved manually flashing some firmware. At the time I searched around to see if anyone else had ever experienced this. Apparently I was not alone.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Cyanotic
Old
(Last edited by Cyanotic; 28th March 2014 at 03:07 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I flashed the newest firmware and then unlocked my phone again and flashed twrp again.When I try to sideload it says nothing is attached to my computer. When I try to push a file I get an error saying no device is connected. When I try to flash it with adb commands I get the same thing as sideloading.

R34LY
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Did you install the HTC drivers on your computer?

Cyanotic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by R34LY View Post
Did you install the HTC drivers on your computer?
Yes.

NxNW
Old
Thanks Meter 517
In my case, I had a working nandroid backup stored on the phone, so once I got into recovery, I just restored the nandroid and went on with my life. Not sure if that would work for you or if it's even an option for you. Or even if I remember it correctly. But "that's that my story and I'm sticking with it"..

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app