Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 40,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Heaphone issue 4.4

Tip us?

frnhalo
Old
(Last edited by frnhalo; 24th July 2014 at 07:56 AM.) Reason: Resolved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Audio [Q] Heaphone issue 4.4

Hello Community,

I have recently updated my Note 2 from Macksrom to Carbon Rom 4.4. The upgrade is awesome, very fast, looks pretty. Just all good, till i plugged in my headphones.

Now, I am quite adept at changing the rom on my phone, done this many times, and never had this issue before. So my question to you is, is anyone else having issues with their headphones on kit kat?

Tech stuff:

When rom was installed, data, cache, and dalvik were wiped. The proper gapps was installed. I use CWM.

When playing music on my speaker, it works just fine. When i plug the headphones in it does not work unless i'm at the home screen. When I try to open an app the sound is gone, when i check notifications sound is gone, and when i lock the device, guess what sound is gone. I can do all the aforementioned tasks with out a problem when playing music through the speaker. Just can't with the headphones.

Now i have tried a few things to resolve the issue, i have uninstalled the music application, I have removed the dsps i have in place, i have rebooted the phone numerous times with headphones plugged in and out. Tried different pair of headphones, and yield same result.

So for now i've run dry, I would not want to downgrade to macks rom again. But if my headphones won't work on my device i will do so.

Any input would be helpful.

****** EDIT ****** Forgot to do this earlier, but there is a workaround for this issue. I have posted another blog on what needs to be done to get your headphones to work. Follow link below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post54240037

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4006

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by frnhalo View Post
Hello Community,

I have recently updated my Note 2 from Macksrom to Carbon Rom 4.4. The upgrade is awesome, very fast, looks pretty. Just all good, till i plugged in my headphones.

Now, I am quite adept at changing the rom on my phone, done this many times, and never had this issue before. So my question to you is, is anyone else having issues with their headphones on kit kat?

Tech stuff:

When rom was installed, data, cache, and dalvik were wiped. The proper gapps was installed. I use CWM.

When playing music on my speaker, it works just fine. When i plug the headphones in it does not work unless i'm at the home screen. When I try to open an app the sound is gone, when i check notifications sound is gone, and when i lock the device, guess what sound is gone. I can do all the aforementioned tasks with out a problem when playing music through the speaker. Just can't with the headphones.

Now i have tried a few things to resolve the issue, i have uninstalled the music application, I have removed the dsps i have in place, i have rebooted the phone numerous times with headphones plugged in and out. Tried different pair of headphones, and yield same result.

So for now i've run dry, I would not want to downgrade to macks rom again. But if my headphones won't work on my device i will do so.

Any input would be helpful.
Some aosp roms have this issue. I know most of the ones I have compiled dont have this issue and same goes for sleshepic roms.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frnhalo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
Some aosp roms have this issue. I know most of the ones I have compiled dont have this issue and same goes for sleshepic roms.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Well, isn't that something... That really sucks, i really wanted 4.4 to work... oh well guess i'll flash macksrom again... thanks for the tip man...