XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Data connection problems

OP bryanxx

28th March 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I am using a Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH- L710. I am not sure exactly what type of information that any of you would need in order to help me but I will just say everything I did. I rooted my phone using some safe way that was pretty easy and it worked and everything but it would not work for a certain root app I wanted to download. So I then reverted the root and tried to root using some siyah kernal so that I could use a certain app. Long story short I ended up changing the firmware(if thats even the right term) from Virgin Mobile 4.3 to Sprint 4.1 which is now not letting me use any data. I am unable to text, browse the web, or use anything that involves using any time of signal. I don't know how to fix it now I have tried some things but nothing fixes it. I don't know what further information that would be required in order to get help with this so PLEASE feel free to ask me and I will promptly respond in order to fix this problem THANK YOU.
TLDR: Switched from Virgin Mobile firmware to Sprint by accident now I have no data connection. My goal was to root my phone and use the siyah kernal on Virgin Mobile firmware.
28th March 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Someone tried to help me on another forum but still my data connection still isnt working.
29th March 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 28,117

15,434 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have you tried flashing the MD4 modem?

29th March 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Have you tried flashing the MD4 modem?

I found one on this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2247844 but I think the link is working. If you could post a link or where to download it just so that I make sure that I get the correct thing. Wait but I just want to make sure that I download the right thing since nothing has gone well for me so far.
1st April 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 13

37 posts
Go to Android Forums under (Virgin Mobile) Galaxy S3 - All Things Root and look for a thread called [MOD] Sprint to Virgin Mobile LTE /MMS fix. Download the zip from that thread and flash it. It'll fix your settings to get you back on Virgin's network.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Genesius01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesius01

Go to Android Forums under (Virgin Mobile) Galaxy S3 - All Things Root and look for a thread called [MOD] Sprint to Virgin Mobile LTE /MMS fix. Download the zip from that thread and flash it. It'll fix your settings to get you back on Virgin's network.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

my phone doesnt turn on anymore though
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread